Go Down

Topic: Can't find libraries for ESP8266 (Read 137 times) previous topic - next topic

Pasqui06

Hi, I was following a video tutorial and I needed the following libraries:
-WiFiClient.h
-ESP8266WiFi.h
-ESP8266WiFiMulti.h
-ESP8266HTTPClient.h

But I can't find them, I have also added "http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json" in my preferences, but anything. What can I do?thanks :)

sterretje

Oct 17, 2019, 06:53 pm Last Edit: Oct 17, 2019, 06:55 pm by sterretje
After adding the jason in preferences.txt, you need to go the board manager and install the package; I think it's called esp8266 by esp community. After that, you shoyld have the needed libraries.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Pasqui06

Thanks for the reply. I have already added those libraries, but when I reboot Arduino and I write them at the beginning, Arduino can't find them.
I have tried on another PC with Windows and Arduino find them, but says that I have more than one library for ESP8266WiFi.h

sterretje

I did go through the adding of ESP (nodemcu) yesterday (for the first time). The ESP is a package, not a library. So when you say "I have already added those libraries", are you referring to the package or the individual libraries?
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Pasqui06

Yes, Yesterday I had that problem but then I installed the package. But I can't use that anyway

Go Up