Go Down

Topic: Using Ground from ICSP  (Read 311 times) previous topic - next topic

thudson36

I need more ground pins for my project than the UNO supplies. Can I use the ground pins from the ICSP header?

runaway_pancake

"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
When all else fails, check your wiring!

MorganS

Yes, but only for sensors and other low-current devices. Don't use it for a motor or servo.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

thudson36

Thanks! This will be used for a switch.

septillion

Yes, but only for sensors and other low-current devices. Don't use it for a motor or servo.
But that does apply for every pin on the Arduino :)
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

jackthom41

It's not a normal way but I have once used the digital Pin as a GND, I have simply made it LOW and used it as a GND, worked perfectly.
My collection of Arduino Projects ====> https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/2015/03/arduino-projects.html

MarkT

It's not a normal way but I have once used the digital Pin as a GND, I have simply made it LOW and used it as a GND, worked perfectly.
Well no, its wasn't perfect, it was good enough for your circuit no doubt, but a pin held low isn't ground, its about 40 ohms to ground, and could be damaged by currents over 40mA.  Not appropriate for suppling power ground to anything, just signal ground.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Paul__B

This is of course, an XY problem.  :smiley-roll:

Clearly, the problem is how the project is being constructed in general.  :smiley-eek:

wvmarle

You can simply splice wires as well... and connect dozens of ground connections to one ground pin (just make sure the total current is not too much).
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up