Go Down

Topic: Looking for a proper bluetooth controller (Read 624 times) previous topic - next topic

Pradedantysis

Hey everyone, Not long time ago I've created a car wich can be contolled with bluetooth using my phone.

Everything is working fine.

Although I'd like to improve it a bit.

The thing is that the commands(go forward, backwards, etc.) are only being sent after the button in controller is released.

So it's pretty hard(if not impossible) to make the car execute the commands while the correspondng button is being pressed.

What I  mean by that- I want it to go forward while the "forward" button is being pressed, when the button is released the car should stop.

What do you think? Are there any ways to adjust the code for that purpose, or should I look for another bluetooth controller app?If so would you recommend one?

At the moment I am  using "Arduino bluetooth controller" from Google Play store.

Robin2

The thing is that the commands(go forward, backwards, etc.) are only being sent after the button in controller is released.
That sounds like a problem with the Arduino program rather than the Bluetooth hardware.

However you have not posted your programs so I cannot comment on the software.

For an RC system my preference is to send data at regular intervals (maybe 5 to 10 times per second) whether or not the data has changed. That way the receiver can easily tell if the there is a wireless problem and bring the car to a halt.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

N0_Flux_Given

Hi, I had the same problem of not finding a suitable app to properly control a RC tank that I was making, so I decided to make my own using Unity and native plugins for android.  :)

This is the interface my app will have, along with 2 joysticks that send numerical values whenever you move them.

The buttons send different values when they are pressed down and released, like for example you can assign a number like 500 for pushing the 'X' button down and 501 for releasing it.

I'm making it fully customizable and it will even include a terminal mode for sending/receiving text. The black region you see in the middle is actually a text logger, will display all values that are sent and received and errors if they happen, all in different colours.  8)

So far the app is working fine without any bugs, I just want to polish it and make it Play Store-worthy and then I'll release it.

Go Up