Go Down

Topic: [Help] Arduino Sensor Limits (Read 130 times) previous topic - next topic

kidlat14

Oct 26, 2019, 01:15 pm Last Edit: Oct 26, 2019, 01:19 pm by kidlat14
Good day,

I have an Arduino Uno and i'm wondering how many sensors it can support with high accuracy.

I am building a garden monitoring system and I have 3 moisture sensors, 3 water pump solenoid powered each by a 10A relay, and 1 DHT22 sensor. All are siphoning power from the board's 5V pin.

I noticed that when all components are attached, the moisture sensors and DHT22 are giving inaccurate readings. Everything appears to be fine when I only attach 1 moisture sensor, 1 solenoid, and the DHT22.

I am considering powering all the sensors from a different power rail. However, that will be a big hassle for my design as it will require a secondary power source.

Please help. Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks.

dougp

All are siphoning power from the board's 5V pin.
Double plus ungood!

I am considering powering all the sensors from a different power rail. However, that will be a big hassle for my design as it will require a secondary power source.
But the processor will be much happier.
I don't trust atoms.  They make up everything.

No private consultations undertaken!

Paul__B

All are siphoning power from the board's 5V pin.
Nonsense!  The Arduino's 5 V pin is not a source of power other than perhaps, a few LEDs at 20 mA.  Certainly not relays.  :smiley-roll-sweat:

I do wonder what you mean by "moisture sensors".  The term "high accuracy" is essentially meaningless in that context.  The DHT22 is digital, so accuracy of the Arduino is not a consideration.

What makes you think you can ask a question without telling us - citing with Web inks - what parts you are actually trying to use?  The only things you have described so far are a UNO and a DHT22; we know nothing about the others.  :smiley-eek:

Go Up