TVout Oscilloscope

@focalist: if you make a box for it, don't forget to add some extra buttons for future releases. :slight_smile:

yes, adding FFT would be nice.

@cr0sh: thanks for the suggestions.

1. More speed/bandwidth (may or may not be possible)
    i know. but it's not possible.
    "It takes about 100 microseconds (0.0001 s) to read an analog input, so the maximum reading rate is about 10,000 times a second."

2. Allow for negative voltage readings
    what do you mean? just draw a scale from -5 (input=0) to 0 (input=1024)?

3. How about a second channel (will reduce sampling speed in half, probably)
    yes, it would be nice to have. and yes, it will cut speed in half.

3b) Of course, adding things like A+B,
yes, that would be possible. are thing like that important? (i'm not an expert on oscilloscope...)

3c) triggering and such (just like a real scope)
the code already has a (simple kind of) triggering: at the beginning, it waits for a while until the voltage crosses from below the average voltage to above the average voltage. what other kind of triggering would be nice to have?

1. Can the resolution be increased?
    of the screen? i guess not.

2. How about a different scope - a digital analyzer scope?
    how would that work? just display 0 or 1 for different inputs? yes, maybe that would be nice to have. it might even be possible to get higher rates (reading digital is much faster than analog)

3. Storage and Recall of sample data?
    yes, that would be nice, but the RAM on an arduino seems to be pretty limited, especially since TVout already takes its part. (i once added another int array of size 100 and TVout didn't like it as i started to write into its memory!) so i guess that will not be possible.