Go Down

Topic: Powerboost 1000 Steady Red LED (Read 269 times) previous topic - next topic

Withencroft

Oct 30, 2019, 10:44 pm Last Edit: Oct 30, 2019, 11:26 pm by Withencroft
I have two separate circuits installed in a coat, first circuit works fine. When I plug a battery into the second circuit the low battery light comes on immediately even though the same battery doesn't show up as low in the first circuit. When I turn it on nothing lights up and the board starts to get really hot.

Now when I do it the red light doesn't come on anymore and it just gets hot. The trinket is lighting up like it's getting power (as pictured) but nothing is happening. 

I'm going to redo all of the wires attached to the powerboost but if anyone has any other ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

groundFungus

Red wires are usually +V (Vcc, 5V).  There is a red wire connected to ground in the picture.  Is that right?  Can't see where any of the wires go from the board.
You will save everyone's time if you read and follow the forum guidelines.  :)          
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html
and
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=97455.0

DVDdoug

You didn't give us enough information.

What is the first circuit?   What is the 2nd circuit?    What's the current & voltage ratings of these mystery circuits?   Does the 2nd circuit work without the 1st attached?   What the voltage & current rating on your battery?

Do you have a multimeter?

Paul__B

Red wires are usually +V (Vcc, 5V).
That is indeed the convention.  Using it in any other way is asking for trouble - like you describe.

There is a red wire connected to ground in the picture.  Is that right?  Can't see where any of the wires go from the board.
It sounds as if it could indeed be the problem.  Wired backwards, it most likely will overheat!

gilshultz

Just a comment, spend some time honing your soldering and wire stripping skills, this will save you many headaches in the future.
Good Luck and Have Fun!
Gil
This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

TomGeorge

Nov 03, 2019, 10:31 am Last Edit: Nov 03, 2019, 10:32 am by TomGeorge
Hi,
As each board is different, please draw a diagram of each unit and show what you have connected in each, post a picture of your circuits?

Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up