Go Down

Topic: Fade and flash usb (Read 150 times) previous topic - next topic

Johnnyvu02

Nov 02, 2019, 10:18 pm Last Edit: Nov 02, 2019, 10:21 pm by Johnnyvu02
Hi there.  I've been playing with el wire for about a year now, and thus far I've avoided adruino.  At some point I'll try and figure it out, however I do have Parkinson's which creates some difficulty in soldering and some cognitive issues learning new stuff (although I can get hyper focused as well). Anyhoo I've made a bunch of el wire suits for my art project (insta #prnart #litebritesuit ). Currently, pun intended I'm using usb power to light two 15 ft runs and around 4 ft for goggles. The usb battery I'm using has an on off switch which is key, better yet I would live to incorporate variable flash and fade along with that.  The little battery packs are too small and hard for me to operate while performing so what I want is a good size rocker and switch .  Is this possible and if so how would I incorporate .  I'm not far from you do it electronics and they have everything I imagine I would need .  Thanks for your time.

MarkT

[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

MorganS

EL wire requires a relatively high-voltage and high-frequency power supply. That little box between the USB and the glowy part does that.

Most of those power supplies are pretty smart. If you give them a reduced input, they will work harder to provide their rated output. They are like non-dimmable globes sold for home lighting.

Search for a dimmable or controllable EL power supply.

If you can reduce your requirements to only on and off, then that is easy.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Go Up