Go Down

Topic: Error connecting to board using Raspberry Pi 4 and AVRUSB (Read 934 times) previous topic - next topic

zaytech

Hi,

I've installed arduino IDE on my Raspberry Pi 4 and tried to upload the firmware to my board via AVRUSB. Unfortunately, this error pops up. I seek advice from everyone on how to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Code: [Select]
System wide configuration file is "/home/pi/Downloads/arduino-1.8.10/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/pi/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : usb
         Using Programmer              : usbasp
avrdude: Warning: cannot query manufacturer for device: Broken pipe
avrdude: Warning: cannot query product for device: Broken pipe
avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Robin2

What firmware are you trying to upload to what board?

How are you connecting the RPi to the board?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

zaytech

I'm uploading a firmware written for my board. I'm connecting the board to RPi via AVRUSB. I have no problem uploading it using Arduino IDE 1.8.9 . After updating it to Arduino 1.8.10 I can't connect to the board.

Robin2

I have no problem uploading it using Arduino IDE 1.8.9 . After updating it to Arduino 1.8.10 I can't connect to the board.
It seems as if your Title and you Original Post have not described the problem correctly. It now appears that the question you should be asking is why won't my program upload with IDE 1.8.10 when it worked fine with 1.8.9?

I don't know the answer (beyond changing back to 1.8.9 - I'm still using 1.8.6) but if your Title better reflected the problem you might attract the attention of a knowledgeable person. If you edit your Original Post you can change the Title.

...R
PS ... it is perfectly possible to have several different versions of the IDE on the same PC.
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up