Go Down

Topic: Pin Out and Information about Nano Every (Read 14171 times) previous topic - next topic

nilsro

Hi.

Is there more information about the nano every out there? Does only find much about the classic nano and I am not sure if everything is excact the same (e.g. support of interrupts at pins). 

Cheers
Nils

RudolfAtRTC

Nov 04, 2019, 12:26 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019, 12:27 pm by RudolfAtRTC
are not you able to search with a browser? This is nearly impossible!??

sterretje

The pinout can be found under the tech-specs here. The schematic can be found on the same page under documentation.

Datasheets can be found here on the Microchip site.

And your best bet for specifics is probably the Nano Boards (New Types) section on this forum.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

nilsro

Hi,

I am looking for somethink like this. Did not find it on the arduino site or somewhere else for Nano Every. Perhaps the best location is the documentation of the microcontroller...

https://bigdanzblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/cant-get-i2c-to-work-on-an-arduino-nano-pinout-diagrams/

Cheers,
Nils

ballscrewbob

Nov 04, 2019, 06:56 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019, 11:41 pm by ballscrewbob
@NILSRO
The information you posted is for the REGULAR NANO and NOT the NANO EVERY.

This should help.

As found by Google.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

nilsro

Hi,

thats diffrent from the pinout of the old one and it should be compatible Also Interupt, etc. are missing and there are less PWM outputs. Is that correct?

BTW. that because I am looking for a pinout for every. If thay are fully compitble it would be nice to now if there are more functionallity available on some pins perhaps.

Cheers,
Nils

ballscrewbob

Nov 04, 2019, 11:46 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019, 11:49 pm by ballscrewbob
Looks PIN compatible to me.

Yes there are less PWM.
But the EVERY is a lot more versatile.

If you need a direct DROP IN replacement for a regular NANO that uses the extra PWM already then you are stuck with the older NANO.

But if you are on a NEW project then the newer NANO should be an easy better choice just for the many improvements it offers. Go to the PRODUCT page and read about them or check out some of the reviews online.

I am having difficulty wondering what you want and for what purpose when the information you asked for is on the internet or indeed on this very site in the products pages.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

westfw

Nov 05, 2019, 02:16 am Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 02:16 am by westfw
I think the guy that used to draw most of the pretty pictures with the detailed pinout info has disappeared :-(

Does this help any:
Atmega4809 pinout spreadsheet

hansibull

Not as detailed as Westfw's table, but here's my take on it:

MightyCore -  ATmega1284, mega644, mega324, mega164, mega32, mega16, mega8535
Github.com/MCUdude/MightyCore

MiniCore - ATmega8, mega48, mega88, mega168, mega328
Github.com/MCUdude/MiniCore

igendel

Hello,

Back in August I made a deeply technical review video of the Nano Every, with actual information instead of copying the PR announcement ;) I think it will be useful for anyone migrating from the classic Nano or trying to figure out which is better for a project.

On the topic of interrupts, which I did not cover in that video, I can update that you can attachInterrupt() to ANY IO pin of the Every. The ATmega4809 doesn't support pin-specific external interrupts; it uses port-wide interrupts, and the exact pins that triggered them are figured out by the software.

Hope it helps  :)
My Adventures in the Making:
http://www.idogendel.com/en

Go Up