Go Down

Topic: Need help on electromagnetic wave project idea... (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

noodlespinbot

So I had an Idea that if I could shoot electromagnetic waves through my body then maybe I could tell how my arms and legs will move or control a robot with nerves because the waves may be pulled by electrons
or something? Could the electrons in my nerves absorb electrons or something from the electromagnetic field from the inductor?
Somehow my arduino and potentiometer survived a wiring error.
There was  magic smoke but I guess the potentiometer didn't let enough out to die.

Paul_KD7HB

So I had an Idea that if I could shoot electromagnetic waves through my body then maybe I could tell how my arms and legs will move or control a robot with nerves because the waves may be pulled by electrons
or something? Could the electrons in my nerves absorb electrons or something from the electromagnetic field from the inductor?
Until you get into a fully enclosed steel elevator cab, electromagnetic wave are ALWAYS entering and leaving your body and everyone else's body.

Did you ever have an x-ray? Electromagnetic waves. Do you have a cell phone? Electromagnetic waves. Do you ever go near a microwave oven? Electromagnetic waves? Do you ever go near an electric cord that has mains AC voltage in them? Electromagnetic waves. Do you go near overhead electric power lines? Electromagnetic waves.

More research is needed.

Paul

wvmarle

With electrodes stuck to the right places on your body you may be able to measure the muscle activity.

Another option is indeed x-rays, and cameras, trying to get a 3D image of where your bones are in real time. That may work with the correct equipment. Will be mighty expensive and won't be a good idea as it's not exactly healthy to expose yourself to that much x-rays.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

noodlespinbot

Somehow my arduino and potentiometer survived a wiring error.
There was  magic smoke but I guess the potentiometer didn't let enough out to die.

Go Up