Go Down

Topic: [IDE] Auto select board type when selecting port (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Sephius

Hi,

I am using the Arduino IDE 1.8.10

In my current project, I often have to switch between multiple boards types and it would be super useful to me if there was a setting (checkbox in the Preferences window ?) to enable auto selection of board type when you select a port.

Currently, I have to click "Tools --> Port --> myPort" then "Tools --> Board --> myBoard"
Since the board type is displayed next to the port number, it's a bit easier to find the correct board in the quite long board list, but i'm sure an automation can be made here :)

Thanks!

PS: I did not find any settings to do that, but maybe it already exists?

ballscrewbob

Nov 10, 2019, 02:48 pm Last Edit: Nov 10, 2019, 02:48 pm by ballscrewbob
It does sort of exist but only for true Arduino boards and certainly NOT for CLONES.
It is to do with the PID&VID of the USB devices and as most clones all use the same there is unlikely to be any support for those.

Real Arduinos however give out better information to an OS so in those cases quite often just selecting the correct port which usually shows the board will make the correct settings.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up