Go Down

Topic: is there any SHIFTOUT()? (Read 248 times) previous topic - next topic

ALAA72

Are you trying to use USART?
Dear Power_Broker

yes I do want to use USART, but not in ARDUINO IDE! that's why I can't use Serial.Write()!

the IDE that I'm using now is KEIL, and it has its own functions, such as HAL_USART_Transmit().

Power_Broker

yes I do want to use USART, but not in ARDUINO IDE! that's why I can't use Serial.Write()!
Why are you so agitated that I don't know something you didn't tell me in the first place?!?

That doesn't even matter - if you're using the core arduino libraries, you can use Serial.write() in ANY IDE
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

ALAA72

That doesn't even matter - if you're using the core arduino libraries, you can use Serial.write() in ANY IDE
Dear Power_Broker

I'm not agitated :smiley-lol:
but before I continue I want to appreciate your help and support. thank you

about the thing you said, I don't really follow... you mean that I can use functions of arduino for stm32f407??? I've seen some tutorials which show how to run stm32f407 in arduino IDE but they require some modification in arduino IDE to work. plus, when you say that I can use a arduino function on any IDE, makes me confused! I sounds to me that you're implying that for example I can uce C functions in MATLAB IDE...
can you help more?

Power_Broker

Sorry, it's all good - effective communication over text can be difficult.

Yes, you can use the Arduino IDE to program your board. Take a look at this.

Arduino is NOT a language - it's C++ with some wrapper logic. Therefore, you can use Arduino's (C++) libraries with other C++ compilers as long as the compiler works for your board's architecture.
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

Go Up