Go Down

Topic: SD Card failed, or not present. (Read 428 times) previous topic - next topic

astetyne

Hi,

I bought SD card module from WAVGAT and connect all pins as they should be to my arduino UNO.

MOSI -> 11
MISO -> 12
SCK -> 13
CS -> 4

running on 5V

Card formated to FAT16.

When I try the Arduino example for CardInfo or Datalogger, card cannot be initialized.

I know this isn't problem with card because the card works well on GPS shield.

Where can be problem? Can the problem be with the module itself?

ShermanP

If it's a microSD module, it should be ok.

Try connecting CS to pin 10 instead of pin 4, and change the cardinfo example sketch:

- from -

const int chipSelect = 4;

- to -

const int chipSelect = 10;

astetyne

Thanks for quick reply.

I have already tried on 10 pin, also on 8 pin, still without success.

ShermanP

Do you have a link to the SD module you're using?

astetyne

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32523546123.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.32523546123&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1913amp-ifNwm1AN18LcEDgSc-ruqQ1573631535810

ShermanP

That should be a good module.  And you are feeding a solid 5V supply to the module's Vcc pin. And when you've tried 8 and 10 as CS options, you've changed the sketch to match.  And you don't have any other devices connected to the SPI pins.

I don't know why it wouldn't work.  You could try measuring the output voltage of the module's voltage regulator to make sure it's about 3.3V.  Otherwise, I don't know what to suggest.

astetyne

Nov 13, 2019, 10:24 pm Last Edit: Nov 13, 2019, 10:42 pm by astetyne
I have measured it and its 3.3V. I will buy a new one, it is quite cheap, this one looks its broken. Thanks for your time and help. :)

EDIT:
One tiny contact soldered with tin was disconnected few mikrometers from logic-voltage regulator. Its working well now. It was hardware error.

ShermanP

That's great.  Congratulations on finding the problem.

Go Up