Go Down

Topic: 20W I2S Audio Amplifier Board (Read 2405 times) previous topic - next topic

gfvalvo

Nov 13, 2019, 08:58 pm Last Edit: Nov 14, 2019, 12:40 am by gfvalvo
Anyone know of a ~20W / channel stereo I2S Class D audio amplifier board? Having I2C control for configuration and volume control would be an extra bonus. A manufacture's Eval Board showcasing their chip might do very nicely.

This one looks ideal but seems to be made of Unobtainium: https://www.components-shop.com/product/ISSI,Integrated-Silicon-Solution-Inc/IS31AP2111-ZLS1-EB.html

I've also seen some from TI on the inter-web. They're kind of pricey.

Thanks.
No technical questions via PM. They will be ignored. Post your questions in the forum so that all may learn.

oortgiesenrien

Nov 19, 2019, 08:55 am Last Edit: Nov 19, 2019, 10:33 am by oortgiesenrien
I like this one and used it a lot: https://www.mouser.dk/Search/Refine?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=117150561

But I might be a bit biased because I have been involved in the design of the board ;)

If you opt. for the MA12070P variant, it has i2s input, i2c configuration (incl. volume control and limiter) - there is Arduino code available for that :)

The output power is 2x80W peak - 2x10W continuous. This is a nice 1/8 ratio which is plenty for audio signals to make a good sounding hifi setup. But you can use different voltage levels to tweak it to your needs.

The design is open, so you can also make your own board if you like :)

gfvalvo

Thanks. I ended up ordering this one. Will post and update when I received board to let you know how it goes.
No technical questions via PM. They will be ignored. Post your questions in the forum so that all may learn.

gfvalvo

Dec 06, 2019, 03:27 pm Last Edit: Dec 06, 2019, 05:51 pm by gfvalvo
Hi @oortgiesenrien. Thanks again for the link to the reference board. I've actually ordered one from Digikey, both because it looks promising and the other board I ordered is literally taking a slow boat from China. I should have the Infineon board early next week.

In the mean time, I've been perusing the documentation. IMO, the MA12070P's datasheet leaves a lot to be desired. Documentation for the reference board is also rather sparse. But, having worked as an engineer in the industry for more than 30 years, I'm used to sub-par documentation and am confident I can make it work.

Will report back. Thanks again.

oortgiesenrien

Hi @oortgiesenrien. Thanks again for the link to the reference board. I've actually ordered one from Digikey, both because it looks promising and the other board I ordered is literally taking a slow boat from China. I should have the Infineon board early next week.

In the mean time, I've been perusing the documentation. IMO, the MA12070P's datasheet leaves a lot to be desired. Documentation for the reference board is also rather sparse. But, having worked as an engineer in the industry for more than 30 years, I'm used to sub-par documentation and am confident I can make it work.

Will report back. Thanks again.

Cool that you opted for that amp. Let me know if you need some help setting up or example code.

What items are you missing in the documentation? I am sure that can be improved in future versions.

vader7071

It seems you have already purchased your amp, however, I used the Adafruit 20W amplifier (PID 1752).  I2C control for volume, 3.5mm stereo input.  I have one.  Not a bad unit.
Creatively engineering consent since 1976.

gfvalvo

I used the Adafruit 20W amplifier (PID 1752).  I2C control for volume, 3.5mm stereo input.  I have one.  Not a bad unit.
Yes, but it's analog input. I wanted I2S input (per Subject Line of this thread).

Go Up