Go Down

Topic: How to boost 5v 180mW to 60W? (Read 215 times) previous topic - next topic

electronicsnoob

Nov 15, 2019, 07:44 pm Last Edit: Nov 16, 2019, 12:40 am by electronicsnoob
Hello I need to Amplify up to 1.2MHz (all types of waveforms) from 5V 180mW to 60W. Has anyone of you an idea of what I can use?

Paul_KD7HB

How much distortion of the waveforms is allowed?

Paul

electronicsnoob

How much distortion of the waveforms is allowed?

Paul
It depends on what you mean. Do you mean time distortion? Time distortion is possible to correct in software. If you mean volts it could be +-0.1Volts.

gilshultz

It is relative easy but unless you have the appropriate resources or have an amature licence you are not allowed to do this in the US.  It is a medium frequence at the high end of the AM broadcast band. I am not sure what you want to do with the signal but you can p[robably purchase commercial available equipment to accomplish this complete with the appropriate FCC approval and other endorsements.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Paul_KD7HB

You require "any" waveform, which includes DC. Distortion is always a percentage.

Paul

Paul__B

electronicsnoob

It is relative easy but unless you have the appropriate resources or have an amature licence you are not allowed to do this in the US.  It is a medium frequence at the high end of the AM broadcast band. I am not sure what you want to do with the signal but you can p[robably purchase commercial available equipment to accomplish this complete with the appropriate FCC approval and other endorsements.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Thank you for the answer.

I live in Germany. If we in Germany hit some wrong frequencies, in worst case they confiscate the device.

But im using UP! to 1.2MHz like discribed and not only 1.2MHz. And I asked about solutions to make the signal stronger and not about laws.

electronicsnoob

Hmmm.  Obvious XY problem!
No it is not! Again! My question was and is, how to amplify the values described on top.
You require "any" waveform, which includes DC. Distortion is always a percentage.

Paul
He is the only one trying to find a solution.
I think distortion should be at maximum at around 6%. But less distortion is always better.

MarkT

Is this your sonar thing?  Please keep to one thread for one project, so all the information is easy access, not scattered around.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

srnet

Nov 16, 2019, 01:26 am Last Edit: Nov 16, 2019, 01:26 am by srnet
I live in Germany. If we in Germany hit some wrong frequencies, in worst case they confiscate the device.
What are you plans for making sure your device, and its harmonics,  does not critically affect other users of the radio spectrum ?  

http://www.50dollarsat.info/
http://www.loratracker.uk/

srnet

Nov 16, 2019, 01:29 am Last Edit: Nov 16, 2019, 01:30 am by srnet
So an electronics noob wants to know how to generate high power broadband RF noise, one does wonder why ?
http://www.50dollarsat.info/
http://www.loratracker.uk/

MarkT

No it is not! Again! My question was and is, how to amplify the values described on top.He is the only one trying to find a solution.
I think distortion should be at maximum at around 6%. But less distortion is always better.
xyproblem is when you don't explain why your doing something and we suspect you don't have the experience to make that decision.

So far we know you are trying to make some sort of underwater sonar using signal processing techniques but don't have experience with DSP at all, and have created 3 or 4 threads scattered around, rather than a single thread where people can keep track of all the issues - for a big project like this an overview is essential.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

electronicsnoob

Nov 16, 2019, 01:50 am Last Edit: Nov 16, 2019, 02:21 am by electronicsnoob
So an electronics noob wants to know how to generate high power broadband RF noise, one does wonder why ?
It is so easy: WATER ABSORBS ENERGY and 180mW is not enought to measure even 10m distance under water. And i am not using RF frequencies. There is a difference between electromagnetic and mechanic waves!

What are you plans for making sure your device, and its harmonics,  does not critically affect other users of the radio spectrum ? 

It is Underwater, and I use the same frequencies as all the other fishfinder sonars too. And if you say I will disturb them. Yes, like they do on each other.

You might not know the difference between Radar and Sonar. I'm not generating Electromagnetic waves but mechanical, as like as sound.

Is this your sonar thing?  Please keep to one thread for one project, so all the information is easy access, not scattered around.
I have different question and it is not possible to ask them in one thread. It is not possible to ask even two things at a time, because they will always write answers on one topic. I asked in the Projects topic about general tips. And in the General Electronics about different things, but they mostly don't want to talk over my question. They talk over the sonar itself. Like in this thread.

I don't even have one good answer for my question, althought it is so easy. You want to talk about Laws and whatsoever. I always try to not break laws. And I know the laws I have to know and I don't want to talk in a forum with the topic electronics about laws!

Go Up