Go Down

Topic: Forum search (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

bdrmachine

As a new user of the Forum I see no way to search so that I don't waste peoples time asking questions already answered. Am I overlooking something?

johnwasser

Perhaps that magnifying-glass icon near the top right corner?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

PerryBebbington

And the forum heading 'web site and forum', which I suggest is a better home for this question.

ballscrewbob

Nov 15, 2019, 07:30 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2019, 07:32 pm by ballscrewbob
Better glasses ?   :)

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

wbphelps

Nov 21, 2019, 09:41 pm Last Edit: Nov 21, 2019, 09:44 pm by wbphelps
Yeah, that search icon at the top is certainly there, but it doesn't do quite what the OP asked, it searches all of forum.arduino.cc.

So maybe you guys can tell us how to search just one particular forum?  That would be nice, thanks...

PerryBebbington

So maybe you guys can tell us how to search just one particular forum?  That would be nice, thanks...
I don't think you can (I await correction). In any case, given the propensity of people to post in the wrong forum, as the OP did at first, why would you want to limit which forum you are searching and possibly missing useful results?

ballscrewbob

Nov 21, 2019, 10:55 pm Last Edit: Nov 21, 2019, 11:00 pm by ballscrewbob
Usage of the standard search parameters should get you just the results from specific forums

EG. (  "website and forum" test  ) exclude the brackets should just get you posts from this section and posts with the word test.

Almost any of the standard search operators will work just fine.

Bob
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up