Go Down

Topic: Actuator project - WILL pay for guidance (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

elad770

Hi everyone,

I'm really desperate because I feel my project is so easy to do on one hand but I'm clueless on the other hand. I can definitely dig in and learn if someone will guide me through and willing to pay for your time if you know you can do this!

All i want is fairly simple:

Based on this demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=Zb_rqvUEc0Q&feature=emb_logo

I would like to connect 9 actuators with Hall sensor built-in.

I simply want to:

Control them as i wish (See picture for full buttons layout)

and register the position of all of them into memory 1,2,3 Etc

Can someone please provide a detailed explanation with links and exactly what to get and how to code this? The same people who made the video also provided this guidance and code:

https://shiftautomation.com/linear-actuator-control-programmable-positions

But I have no idea how to implement this on my project.

Again, if anyone thinks this is fairly doable and can guide me through, i will pay for your time.

Maybe a zoom meeting, skype what have you. I really need to accomplish this! Please...

vaj4088

This is doable with an appropriate Arduino.  One of the nifty things about Arduino is that you are free to do almost anything that you want to do.  However, if you INSIST on paying to have someone else do the work, then post in 'Gigs and Collaborations'.

If you want to do this yourself, then start small.  Work through some examples in the IDE (such as the Blink example).  Get one actuator working before you try more.  Learn about loops and arrays.

elad770

Thank you for your fast response!

I don't want anyone to do it, I WANT TO DO IT !  :)

I'm offering to pay someone to teach me and guide me that's all. Not to do the work, to simply

Show me with specificity what is what and what to do. Send me links and help me out

elad770

Hi everyone,

I'm really desperate because I feel my project is so easy to do on one hand but I'm clueless on the other hand. I can definitely dig in and learn if someone will guide me through and willing to pay for your time if you know you can do this!

All i want is fairly simple:

Based on this demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=Zb_rqvUEc0Q&feature=emb_logo

I would like to connect 9 actuators with Hall sensor built-in.

I simply want to:

Control them as I wish (See picture for full buttons layout)

and register the position of all of them into memory 1,2,3 Etc

Can someone please provide a detailed explanation with links and exactly what to get and how to code this? The same people who made the video also provided this guidance and code:

https://shiftautomation.com/linear-actuator-control-programmable-positions

But I have no idea how to implement this on my project.

Again, if anyone thinks this is fairly doable and can guide me through, I will pay for your time.

Maybe a zoom meeting, skype what have you. I really need to accomplish this! Please...

vaj4088

My advice is free.  Perhaps it is worth what you have paid for it.

Learn C.  Learn C++.  Work through the Arduino IDE examples.  Learn to use millis() and avoid delay(...).  Learn enough C/C++ to be able to use loops and arrays.

elad770

My friend, telling me what I should learn will not help me, though I do appreciate your intent

I need someone to GUIDE me through: That is: Buy this, and that

connect this to that, make a video for me so I can understand and send me a link to the codes I need

I'm not going to start learning C++ at this point, but it doesn't mean i can't follow instructions

AnonAustria13_1

You can basically split this project up into multiple parts (easiest to hardest):

• Relais control: If you have a premade module, that's gonna be as easy as just switching a pin to high for the duration of the button press (pretty much the Hello World of Arduino, see 'Blink' for some info)
  • Memorization: Watch for either the press of a position button after the press of the memorize button or for both at the same time (depends on preference), then save the value you tracked (comes later) either to a variable (in case of few saved positions) or to an array (just google 'Arduino array')
  • Position tracking: Probably the hardest. I don't know how your actuator works, so I can't help you with that.

If you want to do such a project, it would still be advisable to do what the people before me have suggested and actually learn Arduino from the ground up. It's a language made for 6-year-olds, so - at least as long as you don't go too far down the rabbit hole - it si very easy to learn and understand.

I tell you that because yes, the community might be able to lift you through this project, but it will not be enjoyable if you learn a specific thing and then notice you can't use that knowledge for any other projects.

Also, please don't offer money here. Arduino is open source, and we as a community embrace that philosophy. Everyone helps where he can, and all we want is a 'thanks' if we succeed in doing that.

pert

pert

elad770 has also posted about this in the Programming Questions forum section, where there is some ongoing discussion/assistance in progress:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=649981

lastchancename

elad, please ask the mods to merge your threads on the same topic !
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... Sure, there are trolls, chest-beaters, and pretenders - but the help you'll get here is about as good as it gets - if you try to help youself!.

zwieblum

elad770

Thank you for asking. Few members contacted me and I'm trying to work it out with them.

I think i will post the progress and recommendations here to share with everyone

lastchancename

How did you get on ?
it's good form to tell everyone, where the project is heading.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... Sure, there are trolls, chest-beaters, and pretenders - but the help you'll get here is about as good as it gets - if you try to help youself!.

Go Up