Go Down

Topic: 2 axis bevel gears - 4 directions..  (Read 231 times) previous topic - next topic

piks090

Nov 16, 2019, 07:59 pm Last Edit: Nov 16, 2019, 09:30 pm by piks090
One gear for each fin as seen in the image and one gear perpendicular to all 4. So when the horizontal gear rotates, all four gears of the fins rotate making the fins move. However, my prototype doesn't seem to be working as i imagined it would. Is this the right way to fabricate this system? Does anyone have any other ideas on how i can do this better?

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Robin2

However, my prototype doesn't seem to be working as i imagined it would. Is this the right way to fabricate this system?
As you have not told us what your system actually does nor have you posted an image of it then it is hard to help.

My guess is that the motor only drives one of the vane gears

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

jremington

piks090

The motor is supposed to make all the fins rotate at the same time

Robin2

The motor is supposed to make all the fins rotate at the same time
I was conscious of that when I wrote Reply #2.

You have still provided no information about your attempt to implement the idea.

...R

Paul_KD7HB

Nov 16, 2019, 11:26 pm Last Edit: Nov 17, 2019, 05:49 pm by Paul_KD7HB
One gear for each fin as seen in the image and one gear perpendicular to all 4. So when the horizontal gear rotates, all four gears of the fins rotate making the fins move. However, my prototype doesn't seem to be working as i imagined it would. Is this the right way to fabricate this system? Does anyone have any other ideas on how i can do this better?

Based on this description, the fins on opposite sides will rotate in opposite directions. Is this what your design is supposed to do?

Paul

quick edit: Look at an egg beater in your kitchen. The beaters turn in the same direction because the driving gears are on opposite sides of the main driving gear.

Robin2

quick edit: Look at an egg beater in your kitchen. The beaters turn in the same direction because the driving gears are on opposite sides of the main driving gear.
OOPs !

In opposite directions - one clockwise and one counter-clockwise   :)

...R

Paul_KD7HB

OOPs !

In opposite directions - one clockwise and one counter-clockwise   :)

...R
Good catch. Must the the weather or something. My wife would tell me I need to use an eggbeater more often.

Paul

Go Up