Go Down

Topic: NRF24L01+PA+LNA Power Issue (Read 116 times) previous topic - next topic

Farizno

Nov 19, 2019, 09:32 pm Last Edit: Nov 19, 2019, 09:35 pm by Farizno
Hello,

I am creating a universal wireless controller with 2 joysticks, 4 pots, 2 momentary buttons, and 4 toggles. I  am using an Arduino Mini Mega 2560 (ebay link) and the NRF24L01+PA+LNA. I am using 2x 18650 batteries in series for 7.4V total power from the battery. I then have a small perfboard where I have a 5V buck converter and a 3.3V buck converter. I am using the output from the 5V converter to power the arduino and for the pots and switches. I want to use the 3.3V output to power the NRF24 module.

The issue that I am having is that everything works fine and the unit transmits to another setup that I have with an Arduino when I have the 3V3 and GND pins connected to the 3.3V and GND pins of the arduino. However, when I change only these wires from the arduino's 3.3v supply to the 3.3v and GND coming from my buck converter, the device wont transmit anything. I've tested with a voltmeter and ahve 3.3V at the pins of the NRF24, but for some reason it wont work when connected to the buck converter power supply. I've even tried connecting the grounds of the 3.3v buck converter and the arduino and no such luck. However, if i switch it back to the NRF24 being powered from the arduino's 3.3v output, it starts transmitting again.

Any insights as to what I could be doing wrong are greatly appreciated.

Robin2

However, when I change only these wires from the arduino's 3.3v supply to the 3.3v and GND coming from my buck converter, the device wont transmit anything.
Written descriptions of wiring are much too easy to misunderstand. You need to create a simple pencil drawing (NOT Fritzing, please) with everything clearly labelled and post a photo of the drawing.

It sounds as if you are trying to operate the nRF24 without a GND connection to the Arduino - that won't work. Make sure all the GNDs are connected.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

gilshultz

All the grounds need to be connected together.  Check your buck converter some do not have a common ground input and output, those may not work.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Go Up