Go Down

Topic: Help for arduino project (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

bestusername666

I am doing a project with an arduino board and c++ coding. My group and I are trying to change the color of an rgb led by covering different photo-resistors. I have attatched an image showing almost the wiring we are using, the only difference is that we are using a cathode led, so it is grounded instead. Does anyone have tips that might help us?

code:

//similar project: https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/arduino-color-mixing-lamp
//photoresistor project: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/Ayeon0122/reading-a-photoresistor-1e705e

const byte outputValue1 = A0; //this one when covered will make red on it's own
const byte outputValue2 = A1; //this one when covered will make green on it's own
const byte outputValue3 = A2; //this one when covered will make blue on it's own

const byte red_light_pin= 11;     //these three singnify where the power for the red, green, and blue will be for the rgb led
const byte green_light_pin = 10;
const byte blue_light_pin = 9;

unsigned int lightCal1 = 0; //these help collect the light value from the photoresistors
unsigned int lightVal1 = 0; //red

unsigned int lightCal2 = 0;
unsigned int lightVal2 = 0; //green

unsigned int lightCal3 = 0;
unsigned int lightVal3 = 0; //blue

void setup() {
         pinMode(red_light_pin, OUTPUT);   //these three set up the led pins to be an output, telling the arduino to send info out to the led
         pinMode(green_light_pin, OUTPUT);
         pinMode(blue_light_pin, OUTPUT);

lightCal1 = analogRead(outputValue1);  //these three take an initial reading of the light from the photoresistors
         lightCal2 = analogRead(outputValue2);
         lightCal3 = analogRead(outputValue3);
}

void loop()
{
          lightVal1 = analogRead(outputValue1);  //these three take readings from the photoresistors
          lightVal2 = analogRead(outputValue2);
          lightVal3 = analogRead(outputValue3);

Serial.println("Raw Sensor Values:");             // these print the values from the photoresistors onto the serial monitor
          Serial.print("\t red: ");
          Serial.print(lightVal1);
          Serial.print("\t green: ");
          Serial.print(lightVal2);
          Serial.print("\t blue: ");
          Serial.println(lightVal3);

//if the light value (lightVal) is less than initial reading (the lightCal) it is dark (covered)
          if ((lightVal1 < lightCal1 - 50) and (lightVal2 < lightCal2 - 50) and (lightVal3 < lightCal3 - 50))
          {RGB_color(255, 255 ,255);
          }//if all photoresistors are covered, the led will be white       
          else if (lightVal1 < lightCal1 - 50)
          {RGB_color(255, 0, 0);
          }//if first photoresistor is covered, the led will be red
          else if (lightVal2 < lightCal2 - 50)
          {RGB_color(0, 255, 0);
          }//if second photoresistor is covered, the led will be green
          else if (lightVal3 < lightCal3 - 50)
          {RGB_color(0, 0, 255);

}//if second and third photoresistors are covered, the led will be cyan
          else {RGB_color(0, 0, 0);
          }//if no photoresistors are covered the led will not light up, no power to red, green, or blue
 }

void RGB_color(int red_light_value, int green_light_value, int blue_light_value) //this defines RGB_color, so the led will actually light up the colors and send electricity to the led
 {
  analogWrite(red_light_pin, red_light_value);
  analogWrite(green_light_pin, green_light_value);
  analogWrite(blue_light_pin, blue_light_value);
}

pert

Please use code tags when you post code or warning/error messages. To do this, click the </> button on the forum toolbar, then paste the text you want to be in the code tags. Finally, move the cursor out of the code tags before adding any additional text you don't want to be in the code tags. If your browser doesn't show the posting toolbar, then you can manually add the code tags like this:
[code]// your code is here[/code]

The reason for doing this is that, without code tags, the forum software can interpret parts of your code as markup, leading to confusion, wasted time, and a reduced chance for you to get help with your problem. This will also make it easier for us to read your code and to copy it to the IDE or editor.

Using code tags and other important information is explained in the "How to use this forum" post. Please read it.

Does anyone have tips that might help us?
You'll be more likely to get help here if you explain exactly what sort of problem you're having or what sort of advice you are seeking.

ballscrewbob

Please use Per's advice link.

Moved your topic to a more suitable section.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up