Go Down

Topic: computer adaptable keyboard (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic

Matthew2510

I need to adapt a keyboard or panel to my computer, I have a set of reactions, questions and alerts.
My question is when connecting this keyboard disables my laptop?
also and heard about mapping someone please explain to me ..
 I wish that when the reactions appear the user can react from this keyboard as I program it? It only has 7 buttons. the game is designed in java help me please
the idea is the image appears the user presses the key indicated to the image, in the questions press a, b, c depending on the answer, and step on a pedal if it is in red or green.

xl97

You can use a MICRO or PRO-MICRO or any 32u4 based board to act as a HID (human input device)..

So it basically behaves like a mouse or keyboard when connected to the PC.

You can also program 'macros'..  ie: a click on the Arduino sends several/specific key strokes and/or mouse clicks..

The rest of your post is hard to read and understand.

Matthew2510

I'm sorry this is translated from Spanish to English and that's why a lot of things change, but I want to have an idea of how to start, right after including the <keyboard> library.
What do you think I should do, that mapping the keys is necessary?

xl97

If you are talking about using the real USB keyboard..

and reading what keys were pressed..etc..etc..

You will need different hardware.. and a different approach.

You will need a USB Host Shield then...   (I think I got my old ones from circuits@home not even sure they are still around)

Matthew2510

xl97

nor did I....   nor from from any of your PM's either.

Basic question:

Do you want to make your own 'device' using an Arduino that connects to a PC, and send keyboard and/mouse commands to it..  in a 'marco' like fashion?   (ie: multiple/time clicks or key presses/actions)

Yes or no?

or..

Are you trying to 'trap' (parse) a USB keyboard connected to a PC, when key s are pressed do some sort of 'action/behavior'?

yes or no?

If you ARE trying to do the later (as mentioned before) you would need a USB HOST shield I believe..

and then do some sort of key parsing...etc   circuits@home had shields, and examples..  (not sure if they are around any more)

xl97

Stop PM'ing me.

You wont answer any questions.

Your translation attempts are terrible.

if you cant answer questions... nobody can help you.

johnwasser

I'm having trouble understanding the translations of your questions.  Perhaps you would get better results in the Spanish-language part of the forum:  EspaƱol - Spanish  Even if nobody there can help you with the code, perhaps they can help you translate the questions into technical English.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp
See who has no social life: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=stats :)

Go Up