Go Down

Topic: Problem with drivers  (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

EpitaphLUL

I am new at arduino, I was planning to get into it , I just need to do a school project so this is a good way to get started. I bought an arduino uno r3 and wanted to set it up. I installed the arduino software which automatically installed dome drivers for the arduino. the problem is that it doesn't have the drivers installed properly and I tried everything to make it work , i followed online guides and i have done the "device manager " and "update drivers" trick and it still didn't work.I even downloaded some other drivers online and who would have guessed...I still didn't work . I am using windows 7 . The main problem is that without the proper driver installation my pc won't recognize the arduino and I can't upload my code . If you have any suggestions or need additional information please do not hesitate to respond . I have to finish the project before december 15th so please help me .

spycatcher2k

If you bought an Arduino UNO R3, and using it with a working USB cable, plugged fully in at both ends, it should work.

If you bought a clone/copy/fake UNO R3 compatable, then you may need a different driver.

If you post a link to where you bought it from, this will be able to tell us what driver you need.  :)

(Google : CH340 Driver & try that one)
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

EpitaphLUL

https://ardushop.ro/ro/home/29-placa-de-dezvoltare-uno-r3.html I bought it from this website along with my other pieces . The drivers are installed in the PC but they won't install in the board

sterretje

You don't need drivers in the board.

What is written on the chip closest to the USB connector on the board? That will identify which driver you need to install on the PC.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

hammy

Dec 08, 2019, 10:53 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2019, 10:57 pm by hammy
These are not genuine Arduinos and looking at the web site you need to install the CH340 drivers to make the USB connect.
Really beginners ought to go to the Arduino site and buy a genuine board, they work , are well made and reliable and better supported .

Have a read here and scroll down to the bit on installing this driver :

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all

Janhgm

@EpitaphLUL

Your Issue:
"The main problem is that without the proper driver installation my pc won't recognize the arduino"

Although Hamy coulld be right I would suggest that you verify that your USB cable got for wires and is a data cable and not a charge only cable.

How can you check that?
* Try other USB cables. 
* Still not certain that you cable is OK. Attach your cable to your phone. Connect your phone to your PC and check if you can access your phone. If you can you got a data cable. If not your cable is a charge only one.

Jan

EpitaphLUL

Dec 12, 2019, 10:06 am Last Edit: Dec 12, 2019, 10:14 am by EpitaphLUL
@Janhgm @hammy
I am using a printer cable . I bought the arduino from the same site as some classmates of mine . Their boards worked and they used a printer cable to import the code onto the board , the same type as cable that i am using . The pc recognizes the board as an "unknown device "and when I try to install the drivers it says it isn't possible to do so . I will try to hand the board to one of my friends to see if they can at least install the drivers on it from another pc. Mind you that i am using an arduino r3 idk what I should do with those spark fun things you sent me a link for .
thx for your suggestions anyway 

sterretje

Again, you don't install drivers on the board; you install them on the PC.

It would be helpful if you posted the error that you get when installing the driver on the PC, maybe somebody can help you.

Please check the chip closest to the USB port and tell us what it is.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

EpitaphLUL

I resolved the problem . Thx for the help anyways .

sterretje

It can be useful for others that have the same problem to explain what the root cause of the problem was? And the solution'

Go Up