Go Down

Topic: Ethernet Shield Problem (Read 302 times) previous topic - next topic

JarenPeckham

I'm doing a school project just attempting to do a simple post to twitter using the Ethernet Shield and Arduino. I have the Ethernet cable going directly into my laptop and it always says connection failed when I attempt to upload the sketch.  Any help on this would be amazing!

pert

Please don't post screenshots of text. That is very unhelpful.

If possible, you should always post code directly in the forum thread as text using code tags:
  • Do an Auto Format (Tools > Auto Format[/b) on your code. This will make it easier for you to spot bugs and make it easier for us to read.
  • Edit > Copy for Forum
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste the sketch between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.
  • Repeat the above process if your sketch has multiple tabs.

This will make it easy for anyone to look at it, which will increase the likelihood of you getting help.

If the sketch is longer than the 9000 characters maximum allowed by the forum, then it's OK to add it as an attachment. After clicking the "Reply" button, you will see an "Attachments and other settings" link. In this case, your sketch is nowhere near 9000 characters so that's not necessary.

Which Ethernet controller chip does your Ethernet shield have. The common chips are W5100, W5200, W5500, and ENC28J60. It will be written on the top of the largest black chip on the shield.

JarenPeckham

Thanks for letting me know the better way of asking for help! The chip is a W5100

Go Up