Go Down

Topic: Automatic through code location and navigation (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

noob314

Dec 04, 2019, 11:43 am Last Edit: Dec 04, 2019, 12:02 pm by noob314
I'm not really certain how this feature is called, however many editors (including Netbeans) allow jump from the function name in the code and automatically set cursor on the function implementation code, automatically open the file if not located in the current one. Usual combination is Ctrl+Left Mouse click from the pointed word/function name inside the editor text.

That would be very useful if some user made lib, or even official shows some problem to be easily open and modified. Especially during process of making such library, as IDE opens automatically only files located inside project root directory.

Another connected case is when compilation fail with error. Currently, compiler's output is inside text container, then need to copy path etc, in order to open the file. Much easier approach is to additionally allow another list box where on single click message could be parsed and jump/reopen exact file and set on line where the error/warning is.

ballscrewbob

The IDE is essentially made with super noobs in mind so many more ADVANCED features are left out to avoid confusion.

There are however many other IDE's available with more advanced features and options.
They vary from FREE to PAID and are quite easy to find.

I cannot recommend one over another as each user has different requirements and learning curves.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

ballscrewbob

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up