Go Down

Topic: Led controled with collector loosed transistor (Read 5045 times) previous topic - next topic

jacquesduflos

Hi there,
I have to fix lamps for microscope. Te issue is that they do not shine all they should, so I opened it to have a look and I am a litttle puzzled.
The energy supply is 5V, the lamp is 3V, and there is a potensiometer to choose the intensity of illumination.

Here after the circuit and a photo of the thing. I had never seen a transistor used with a loose collector. It is a 13005 transistor. Does someone knows what it is for, and how could I modifiate the circuit so the lamp shines brighter ?

wvmarle

No images. Following the hidden links gets me to a login page.

In that particular transistor the collector is also connected to the tab. That may be the connection you're looking for.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

jacquesduflos

No images. Following the hidden links gets me to a login page.
Goddamit !
Id post the share link of my google drive below, but it wont display the images in the  post.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11J6WfjuzGkkrJ8-_rFCkCyMK-Co_0Arm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u--krOlto0Ziqe6BGj6vTDUcZB0tOV7B

In that particular transistor the collector is also connected to the tab. That may be the connection you're looking for.
No, already checked, the tab is just screwed to the plastic box. Thanks for the answer, hope that with the images you can help me more ;)

wvmarle

You best simply attach images to your post. Explained in detail here.

One image shows a blue and yellow wire go into a black sleeve towards the transistor. Can't see where they connect. Possibly one of them connects to the tab of the transistor underneath.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

lastchancename

If you still need help, i'm sure there are people that want to look at your schematic.
Follow the suggestions above, and you'll have some ideas within 24 hours.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... Sure, there are trolls, chest-beaters, and pretenders - but the help you'll get here is about as good as it gets - if you try to help youself!.

Go Up