Go Down

Topic: Power supply in Arduino Pro Mini (Read 131 times) previous topic - next topic

TheCataphract

I am fairly new to Arduino. On my pro-mini board, I see two Vcc supplies. I am aware of the presence of a voltage regulator at RAW so I am powering the pro mini through a 9v battery at the RAW pin. My question is if both the Vcc pins are internally shorted or not. I need to connect the Vcc to an LM339 comparator and a BC548 BJT. Do I need to connect both at different Vcc or is it enough to connect both the component from one single Vcc pin.

UKHeliBob

On my pro-mini board, I see two Vcc supplies
Do you mean that chip has two Vcc pins ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

TheCataphract

Do you mean that chip has two Vcc pins ?
Oh yes I meant I see two Vcc pins my bad.

UKHeliBob

The 328 chips that I have used have all had 2 Vcc pins that are connected together internally in the chip
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

sterretje

I suggest that you find the schematic and download it. Next you can study it.

I don't know if there are clones; if so, they might differ.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up