Go Down

Topic: Arduino multiple frequencies (Read 167 times) previous topic - next topic

alberts456

Dear All,
I'm doing a university project, which involves using EMG's to detect muscle contraction, and depending on the signal, the mouse on a computer would move up, down, left, right or click. I have created a circuit involving an amplifier with a gain of 500 followed by a bandpass filter, with a rectifier. When I connect the output to the Arduino and then to my computer, I get a signal with two frequencies. However, when I connect the output to the oscilloscope, we can just see one frequency. Does anyone know why this is, and how I can remove this additional noise frequency?

raschemmel

Without knowing how you connected it to the arduino or the computer or your code
we would need a crystal ball.

PerryBebbington

Dec 10, 2019, 06:59 pm Last Edit: Dec 10, 2019, 06:59 pm by PerryBebbington
Hello

Please read general guidance and follow the advice, then we have a chance of being able to help you.

JohnRob

Without more information it's impossible to say.   However I would look at the Arduino sample frequency, you might be undersampling and not getting the information you see on the scope.

Please do not PM me with thread based messages.  If your thoughts are worth responding,  the group should benefit from your insight.

raschemmel

Is there some reason you can't post screenshots of the two scenarios ?

Go Up