Go Down

Topic: Smart Coin bank (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic

equinox8000

Hi! I'm a beginner and currently working on an arduino capstone project.

The idea is to create a smart coin bank that when a coin or bill is inserted into the acceptor, the micro controller will read it and send the data to a smartphone thus displaying the savings of the user.

My questions are:
  • is it possible to have a 2 coin acceptor and 2 bill acceptor in 1 arduino uno board?if yes, how?
  • what is the best bill acceptor that you could suggest to use? I prefer the easiest.
  • what is the best software to use to make the app for this machine?

P.S. I'm new to programming in arduino, basically I have no idea how to code this. We appreciate any help.

UKHeliBob

is it possible to have a 2 coin acceptor and 2 bill acceptor in 1 arduino uno board?if yes, how?/quote]
It is possible but will depend on the interfaces provided by the acceptors

We appreciate any help.
Is this a school assignment ?

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

hammy

If you are new to Arduino , then you need to buy one and start learning to code it . When you've gained some knowledge you'll be in a better position to know about interfacing components and the  surrounding issues.

equinox8000

Is this a school assignment ?
No sir, it is a thesis project for my school. BTW thank you for the info.

equinox8000

If you are new to Arduino , then you need to buy one and start learning to code it . When you've gained some knowledge you'll be in a better position to know about interfacing components and the  surrounding issues.

Yes we are currently looking for the items necessary to finish this project. Thank you for advice

wvmarle

• is it possible to have a 2 coin acceptor and 2 bill acceptor in 1 arduino uno board?if yes, how?

Please post links to the coin acceptors and bill acceptors you intend to connect. It's impossible to suggest any as you didn't even specify the currency you intend to use.

Use an ESP8266 based board for its WiFi connection.

• what is the best software to use to make the app for this machine?

For Android phones/tablets: Android Studio or App Inventor. The second is easier but limited in functionality compared to the real thing.

Hope your thesis is not due any time soon. If this is your first project, a timeline of less than a year would be pretty ambitious.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

ardly

Hi! I'm a beginner and currently working on an arduino capstone project.
P.S. I'm new to programming in arduino, basically I have no idea how to code this. We appreciate any help.

A capstone project is one where you show off all the skills that you have learnt. I don't see how this can be a capstone project if you have no idea how to program it.

I think you need to look at your course material, look at all the things you are supposed to have learnt and understood and then come up with a project that demonstrates you have indeed mastered all those points.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

Go Up