Go Down

Topic: Three Phase AC Servo Motor Help (Read 3090 times) previous topic - next topic

paulcastor30

Dec 14, 2019, 10:09 am Last Edit: Dec 14, 2019, 08:23 pm by paulcastor30
I have a PANASONIC AC Servo Motor. Model: MSM022A2UE. Rated Frequency: 200Hz. Rated Revolution: 3000r/min.
I have the control to run the motor counterclockwise and clockwise. i also have code for the quadrature encoder.
My  question is, do i need separate arduino uno? one for the quadrature encoder and one for motor control? or i need only one arduino uno to do the reading of quadrature encoder and run the motor? Please help me.

Paul_KD7HB

I have a PANASONIC AC Servo Motor. Model: MSM022A2UE. Rated Frequency: 200Hz. Rated Revolution: 3000r/min.
I have the control to run the motor counterclockwise and clockwise. i also have code for the quadrature encoder.
My  question is, do i need separate arduino uno? one for the quadrature encoder and one for motor control? or i need only one arduino uno to do the reading of quadrature encoder and run the motor? Please help me.
Let's follow your question about using two Arduinos. If you need one to communicate with the other, how do you plan on doing that? How fast would that allow you to control the servo?  Would the time taken up reading and processing data from the encoder Arduino interfere with any control of the servo. Can't do both at the same time!

Paul

Go Up