Go Down

Topic: Projects on MKR vidor 4000 (Read 3260 times) previous topic - next topic

Conces

Hey guys,

what projects would you recommend me, if I want to teach somebody in 10 lessons, how to programm and use arduino MKR vidor 4000? Im asking for topics, which can be usefull for teachin guys, who have no idea whats going on. My idea is that the final topics will be about using raspberry pi camera. If someone could give me an advice I would be very grateful.

Thank you for your answers.

Limba

How long lessons and what level?

If you plan to teach FPGA design then I would recommend start with Quartus and USB Blaster sketch.
Do register interface with UART or SPI and use FPGA as fast PWM output. (First 2-3 lessons)
Do some design in multiple clock domains and teach how CDC (clock domain crossing) is done.

In the end reuse camera IP from vidorGraphics or redesign it as last work in course.

For ideas I recommend you to check fpga4fun website and nandland from youtube.

Conces

How long lessons and what level?

If you plan to teach FPGA design then I would recommend start with Quartus and USB Blaster sketch.
Do register interface with UART or SPI and use FPGA as fast PWM output. (First 2-3 lessons)
Do some design in multiple clock domains and teach how CDC (clock domain crossing) is done.

In the end reuse camera IP from vidorGraphics or redesign it as last work in course.

For ideas I recommend you to check fpga4fun website and nandland from youtube.

The lessons should last about an hour (1:15 max). Guys, who got into contact with programming languages and they have a basic, some of them advanced, knowledge of electrical engineering. That is the level that it should have.
But what u sent are pretty good ideas. If you have any more here with them.

Thank you very much for your recommendations.

Go Up