Go Down

Topic: Arduino mega errased the pin labels of the headers and I can't get the d (Read 564 times) previous topic - next topic

Panda22

help my Arduino mega errased the pin labels of the headers and I can't get the design

Panda22

I want these labels

pert

You could print out some labels on adhesive paper or use regular paper and glue it to the side of the headers.

You could paint the side of the header white. A paint pen or whiteout is a convenient way to do it. Then use a fine point permanent marker to add the pin numbers.

You can buy a new Mega, and be more careful not to obliterate the printing on the headers this time.

You can resign yourself to getting by with the labels on the PCB, like people did for the decade+ before Arduino started using the printed headers.

ballscrewbob

The printed labels do rub off very easily I have some official boards here with the seme issue.

I don't use those labels anyway as the board has better ones that are immune to rubbing off.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

pert

I've also noticed the fragility of the printing. I took a nick out of one of the numbers by scraping my fingernail across it. Since then I've been very gentle with them.

I do really like the header labels though. Before they came out, I always had trouble lining the PCB labels up with the correct hole on the female headers due to "parallax error". I usually will end up counting from one end of the header to make sure I have the right hole.

Go Up