Go Down

Topic: Lipo Battery Monitor on Nano 33 BLE Sense (Read 63 times) previous topic - next topic

matt_lee_smith

Hello All,

This is probably a simple "no" answer but I just wanted to double-check.

The Nano 33s can only handle input voltages of 3.3v so I am assuming that the BLE battery monitor example in the Arduino BLE library must be for batteries that they can cope with, therefore a lipo such as a  18650 which can range from 2.5v to 4.2, can't be placed monitored by the analog pins without a voltage divider, logic shifter or 3rd party hardware.

Thanks

Matt

Grumpy_Mike

Jan 15, 2020, 04:19 am Last Edit: Jan 15, 2020, 04:19 am by Grumpy_Mike
so I am assuming that the BLE battery monitor example in the Arduino BLE library must be for batteries that they can cope with, therefore a lipo such as a  18650 which can range from 2.5v to 4.2, can't be placed monitored by the analog pins without a voltage divider
Correct.

logic shifter
No, that will give you no useful information as the output voltage will not change with input voltage.

Also the battery readings are treated in a very simplistic way. Adafruit have a battery monitoring circuit ( potential divider from the battery input connected to an analogue input pin ) on their boards that have a much better way of working out the percentage change. See https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=157600&p=787512#p787512

matt_lee_smith

Thanks Grumpy_Mike.

Looks like I will have to get something like the Adafruit setup or a Sparkfun Fuel Gauge!

Go Up