Go Down

Topic: Unable to install EspExceptionDecoder in Arduino IDE 1.8.10 (Read 506 times) previous topic - next topic

bokeauss

I've been trying to install the tool to decode the errors of the ESP8266 for several days, following the instructions on the project's github page but there's no way...

The steps I'm following:

1) Download the project in a compressed file
2) In the folder with the Arduino projects (in my case I use MAC it is ~/Documents/Arduino) I create the tools folder
3) Inside the tools folder I create another folder named EspExceptionDecoder and I unzip the project
4) Arduino start..

In theory following these steps I should get the tool in the tools tab, but nothing appears. I don't know if it is the Arduino version of the SDI or if I am doing something wrong...
* Utiliza un 'Subject' para tu hilo que explique su contenido.

* Si preguntas sobre software, pon el código de tu programa, facilita la ayuda.

* Si consigues solucionar tu problema, Explica en tu post como lo conseguiste para beneficio de todos.

* Cambia el 'Subject' de tu hilo y añade '[Solucionado]' si la duda está resuelta.

pert

You are missing one folder. The folder structure should look like this:

{sketchbook folder}
|_tools
   |_EspExceptionDecoder
      |_tool
         |_EspExceptionDecoder.jar

bokeauss

The point is that i don't find the file .jar anywhere in the downloaded files from github but a .java, so I understand that the unziped folder contains a code that somehow is compiled and generates the .jar or that the .zip downloaded from github has to be extension renamed to .jar and placed in the folder you said...
* Utiliza un 'Subject' para tu hilo que explique su contenido.

* Si preguntas sobre software, pon el código de tu programa, facilita la ayuda.

* Si consigues solucionar tu problema, Explica en tu post como lo conseguiste para beneficio de todos.

* Cambia el 'Subject' de tu hilo y añade '[Solucionado]' si la duda está resuelta.

pert

Go Up