Stuck on " connected" possibly due to "avrgirl-arduino flash -f undefined"

I reported this in another thread but it's clearly a unique issue, so moving here. (from here: fatal compile error on chrome notebook. - #8 by jywarren - Chrome App - Arduino Forum)

I don't see an error, just hanging when trying to upload. It just says "Busy" and progress bar rolls forever.

Here is my log output: flashing-error.log · GitHub

I also briefly saw an error message that the compiler wasn't working. But the log seems to indicate that step was OK. And that error message didn't recur.

About 30m before this first began last night, I was able to upload, and then it stopped working. I'm on a Chromebook, with Arduino Micro - is there still an outage or a bug going on?

I suspect it may relate to this command in the log, which seems to have undefined where there should be a filename?

Programming with: avrgirl-arduino flash -f undefined -a micro -p /dev/ttyACM0

Thanks, all!

Very occasionally I get "flashing, please wait..." after "connected" but it still hangs showing "Busy" and doesn't complete.

This happened again - worked for a few uploads and then stopped, same as above. Could it be that I've hit the 200 seconds of compile/upload time in the free plan?

~10 seconds per upload, 20 uploads, could be 200 seconds?

jywarren:
I reported this in another thread but it's clearly a unique issue, so moving here. (from here: fatal compile error on chrome notebook. - #8 by jywarren - Chrome App - Arduino Forum)

I don't see an error, just hanging when trying to upload. It just says "Busy" and progress bar rolls forever.

Programming with: avrgirl-arduino flash -f undefined -a micro -p /dev/ttyACM0

Thanks, all!

I have exactly the same problem. I need to use a normal laptop to upload ANY sketch.