Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth and HC-05 (Read 191 times) previous topic - next topic

Aragornale

Hi everyone... is there any way to setup a HC-05 bluetooth module without pass code. I´m having troubles to empairment with PC (W10+BT USB adapter). My PC see it, but when i try to connect, never ask me for the psw pin and finally send me an error. I´ve checked my BT connection with a speeker, and works fine, so, my BT adapter is ok. Thanks for everyone.

ieee488

What about Windows 10 with smartphone?

You need to verify that it isn't a problem with Windows 10 and security.

Power_Broker

The default passcode is 1234

Try that
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

Aragornale

The default passcode is 1234

Try that
ty... but i know the password, and I can change it by AT commands, but windows done ask me for a password when a try to connect. I´ve proved with other BT device (speakers) and work fine, they dont have password. I wanna know if there any way to set my HC 05 to accept connections without asking password

Power_Broker

Jan 22, 2020, 02:16 am Last Edit: Jan 22, 2020, 02:16 am by Power_Broker
You need a passcode to connect to the hc-05. What is your project about? Why do you not want to use a passcode?
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

Aragornale

You need a passcode to connect to the hc-05. What is your project about? Why do you not want to use a passcode?
I´m intend to program an ESP32 via bluetooth. I wish to use a passcode, but my windows refuses to prompt me for one, when I try con get paired with my HC 05. So i wanna test to configure my HC05 without a pass code

ieee488

I´m intend to program an ESP32 via bluetooth. I wish to use a passcode, but my windows refuses to prompt me for one, when I try con get paired with my HC 05. So i wanna test to configure my HC05 without a pass code
Something is not right with your Windows BT.

Aragornale

Something is not right with your Windows BT.

I´m pretty sure you are right, but I would like to know if there are any way to set up a HC05 without a pass.
tanks for the comments

ieee488

If there is a way to set up a HC-05 without a password, it is probably done by putting it into AT mode and issuing an AT command. Do a search for that.

Aragornale

If there is a way to set up a HC-05 without a password, it is probably done by putting it into AT mode and issuing an AT command. Do a search for that.

I guess too, with AT commands, but couldnt find it.

Nick_Pyner

ty... but i know the password, and I can change it by AT commands,
I guess too, with AT commands, but couldnt find it.
You obviously aren't looking hard enough but, since you know how to enter AT commands, you might as well try   AT+PSWD= and enter nothing. You never know, it might work, but probably not, and the real problem lies at the Windows end anyway. It is possible that your PC adapter is either not SPP compliant, or requires configuring for SPP. Having PC bluetooth working with a speaker, however you like to spell it, doesn't prove anything is fine at all, indeed, it suggests the opposite.

Go Up