Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano programming using ICSP (Read 5719 times) previous topic - next topic

Gbouna

I am programming Arduino nano via ICSP using Arduino mega. Is there a way i can access the serial port of arduino nano? because i want to be able to see the sensor reading using serial.print. Or are there other ways i can see the sensor readings from my arduino nano?

pert

You can use the USB connection of the Nano to do serial communication with your computer. If you do that, disconnect the 5 V line from the Mega so the Nano isn't getting two power sources.

Gbouna

You can use the USB connection of the Nano to do serial communication with your computer. If you do that, disconnect the 5 V line from the Mega so the Nano isn't getting two power sources.
The USB-Serial bridge is having issue so i can not use the USB connection of the Nano for serial communication.

RIN67630

The USB-Serial bridge is having issue so i can not use the USB connection of the Nano for serial communication.
I suppose, your Nano is soldered on a board, so it is not easy to replace it completely, is it?
it is usually not worth to attempt repairing, the USB chip is usually soldered underneath the board.
you could try with a programming UART to override the defective onboard UART: connect TX to RX and RX to TX, but the result is not guaranteed...

ameng

Of course you can do it , just conect nano RX TX to mega TX1 RX1, then make the code on mega,just like,Serial.write(Serial.read()),the same as RX.

Go Up