Go Down

Topic: SD card reader. (Read 879 times) previous topic - next topic

ElliotF

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project that involves using an SD card reader module, however, so far I have made no progress with the SD card specifically. when trying to use the module with any of the built-in projects (ie. ReadWrite and CardInfo) I have had no success, I have tried multiple times with two separate modules from different suppliers, this leads me to believe that it is not the hardware and is unlikely to be the wiring. I have a separate feed on the project as a whole, but I have been recommended to come here for advice on this problem.

Here are some of the recurring error messages:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar.exe: unable to rename 'core\core.a'; reason: File exists

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

C:\Users\Ellio\AppData\Local\Temp\cc8GUEcw.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Sd2Card::chipSelectHigh()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility/Sd2Card.cpp:168: undefined reference to `digitalWrite'

C:\Users\Ellio\AppData\Local\Temp\cc8GUEcw.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `chipSelectLow':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility/Sd2Card.cpp:184: undefined reference to `digitalWrite'

C:\Users\Ellio\AppData\Local\Temp\cc8GUEcw.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata 0x6): undefined reference to `Print::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)'

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr5/crtatmega328p.o:(.init9 0x0): undefined reference to `main'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Thanks, Elliot.

pert

/avr/bin/ar.exe: unable to rename 'core\core.a'; reason: File exists
This sort of error could be caused by your antivirus software. Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single compilation to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility/Sd2Card.cpp:184: undefined reference to `digitalWrite'
Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

ElliotF

This sort of error could be caused by your antivirus software. Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single compilation to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.
Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
I'm using the Arduino IDE 1.8.5.

ShermanP

I do not use an antivirus, and have never actually installed the IDE.  But you might try using a portable IDE to see if you get the same problems.  You download the IDE ZIP file version - I'd suggest 1.8.8 - extract everything into a new folder (not in Program Files), then add the subfolder "Portable" before you run the IDE the first time.  If the IDE finds the Portable folder, it knows not to do a full install.  I don't think this will interfere with your installed version.

Then you would have to download whatever libraries you need, and the IDE will put those into the Portable folder along with your sketch which you have copied over from the old installation.

Since Windows puts restrictions on things you can do in the Program Files folder, I find that some programs run better from their own folder off C:\.  In any case, if the portable version works, then you can just use it, and uninstall the installed version.  I don't know what effect an antivirus would have on the portable version.

If you still get compile errors, then it seems there must be something wrong with your code or with a library you're using.

Go Up