Go Down

Topic: DHT11 . Never got good values (Read 143 times) previous topic - next topic

arnoldbraun

Hello,

does there exist anyone who get acceptable values with DHT11.

I tried just now 3 Sensors. None of this showed me nearly the right temperature or the right humidity .

Real Temperatur:  22C

1. Sensor 28C, humidity 15%  DHT11

2. Sensor 27C, humidity 50%  DHT11

3. Sensor 26C, humidity  40% DHT22

ESP32. 3,3V, Resistor 4K7

Thanks

UKHeliBob

Post the code you used, details of any libraries used and a full description or diagram of how your system is wired
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

gilshultz

It looks like it is working OK. What are you using for a temperature reference and what is its tolerance?  If you are not careful tolerances will stack up against you. The DHT11 temperature range is from 0 to 50 degrees Celsius with +-2 degrees accuracy, your measurements are within that range. What are you using for a humidity standard the DHT11 humidity range is from 20 to 80% with 5% accuracy. Your first reading is out of range, your second and third are close, were you breathing when you tested these. Did you allow enough time for them to settle? This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Nick_Pyner

You keep seeing this sort of stuff, and so often it seems there is nothing intrinsically wrong - just a problem with user expectation. In the meantime nobody complains about DS19B20s, and I have wondered if a better solution with all this is to use them as wet/dry bulb thermometers. I have never done it, but I guess Arduino would do that rather well.

wvmarle

does there exist anyone who get acceptable values with DHT11.
First of all, define "acceptable".

If it's temperature <2°C off and humidity <10% off, then definitely not. For larger margins of error - especially humidity, then maybe.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up