Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.8.12 released (Read 14126 times) previous topic - next topic

rtek1000

Arduino 1.8.11 .. 12 released
Sorry, I just noticed it now, but is there any explanation for keeping the number 11 in the topic title?

Can this not confuse who is starting?
Please avoid private messages, your question may be someone's answer in the future!

TomLA

Mar 13, 2020, 06:28 pm Last Edit: Mar 13, 2020, 06:32 pm by TomLA
Hello, i have installed the Arduino 1.8.12 IDE and have the problem, that the output on the Serial Monitor doesn't stop when i uncheck Autoscroll. No reaction with or without checkmark. Maybe this problem is known, maybe there is a solution.
THX TomLA

pert

i have installed the Arduino 1.8.12 IDE
Which operating system are you using?

the output on the Serial Monitor doesn't stop when i uncheck Autoscroll.
What do you mean by "doesn't stop"? The expected behavior is for the output to continue either way. The autoscroll option just controls whether the Serial Monitor window automatically scrolls to always show the latest output, or whether it stays at the position in the output set by the scroll bar.

mavromatis

Hi! I've upgraded to Catalina and running latest Arduino IDE (1.8.12) and when I plug in my Arduino's (FTDI based) they no-longer show up under Tools > port

Can someone point me to the right place to get this working again?

TomLA

Mar 20, 2020, 04:50 pm Last Edit: Mar 20, 2020, 04:50 pm by TomLA
Hello pert,
first of all, sorry for the delay of my answer, but as you surely know, Germany is a little bit under stress because of corona.
I'm running Windows 10.
I understand what you mean and this behavior is what i also expected. But when i wrote about this failure, it doesn't work like this. What i meant was, the lines were still scrolling.
Today i made a new start of Windows and the Arduino IDE and now it works. So this problem doesn't exist any longer (for this moment). I hope this will work longer.
Thank you for your response.

pert

I'm glad to hear you got it working @TomLA. That is odd it was still scrolling even with autoscroll disabled. I don't have this problem with Windows 10, but I guess you don't either anymore so I guess we should just be glad it's working now. Well, let us know if the problem comes back.

phillipbunn

Has anyone else had issues trying to install this on a Raspberry Pi? I had 1.8.5 running fine on Raspbian Jessie, on a Pi 3 B+, but had to uninstall it to upgrade to 1.8.12, and it wouldn't install. I have also upgraded the OS to Raspbian Buster, and still no luck. I am using the Linux ARM 64-bit version, which should be appropriate for the device.

pert

I am using the Linux ARM 64-bit version, which should be appropriate for the device.
You need to use the 32 bit version. The reason is the Raspbian is a 32 bit OS.

phillipbunn

You need to use the 32 bit version. The reason is the Raspbian is a 32 bit OS.
Thank you for this information. I downloaded the 32-bit ARM release and it is now working fine :D

pert

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per

katesmith1304

Mar 24, 2020, 11:02 pm Last Edit: Mar 29, 2020, 03:45 am by katesmith1304
hi the new release is not working fine. please help ![COLOR="#FFFFFF"]https://9appsapk.me/https://vidmateapp.info/[/COLOR]

ballscrewbob

@katesmith1304

See the links below  as nobody knows what you mean.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

benchdoos

Mar 25, 2020, 05:00 pm Last Edit: Mar 25, 2020, 05:02 pm by benchdoos
Hello everyone, can somebody give any ideas, why do this happen?
Arduino IDE 1.8.12
Arduino nano, processor: ATmega328P(Old bootloader), programmer: AVRISP mkII

pert

Select Tools > Processor > ATmega328 and try uploading again.

salvo_sicilia

Goodmorning everyone
I would have expected only one print every second ... instead the output produces different prints every second, but if I decompose the delay (1) the answer "seems to be correct".

I don't understand if we are facing a compiler bug, or a performance limitation of the micro.

I tried with Arduino Uno and also with the Mega, with IDE ver. 1.8.10

I hope to find someone who will give me an answer .... thanks

void loop() {
  if(millis()%1000==0){
    Serial.println(num);
    //delay(1);
    num++;
  }
}

Go Up