Go Down

Topic: Forum software open discussion and suggestions feature requests. (Read 10183 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Please do that... :)
Open an issue for it on github  :smiley-grin:

I will second it.

Robin may make a third.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

TheUNOGuy

Are you sarcastic or real? ( I don't understand these things in text ).
Anyway, check my edit in reply #89.
It's better if you check the internet  ( your friend ) before posting..! :D
#Learn how to use the FORUM - https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=148850.0

ballscrewbob

Appreciated the edit.

I am real so please use the github repo and open an issue it is also used for feature requests, bugs, enhancements, aesthetics,  etc.

Generally I don't kid around when it boils down to the community here in the proper forum.

Another BUG with discord is that if you clean your cache regular you have to continually go through a re-verification process with emails and all the associated extra steps

Again just how hard does somebody want to make it for users to even get there ?
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

TheUNOGuy

ballscrewbob

Close enough  :smiley-grin:

Anyone know what this means on discord ?

Mod Mail is Coming Soon!
In the meantime, you can look for a moderator in <&556594862502182914>!

Have a bug to report or a feature to request? Contact a mod!•08/16/2020
Yep that's the EXACT message some sort of secret code to talk to a moderatore LOL
They seem to be trying to use some sort of link but failed utterly.

Or can I only contact a mod with a time machine going back to that date ? HG Wells time machine required.

OK after some jiggery pokery I made it into discord...

I take back all I said...Its worse than I thought  :smiley-lol:

Conversations seem to be a continuous roll of text with very little separation before you roll into the next topic without even knowing...scroll after scroll after scroll.

And talk about disjointed.

TheUNOGuy

Yep that's the EXACT message some sort of secret code to talk to a moderatore LOL
They seem to be trying to use some sort of link but failed utterly.

LOL

Robin2

And talk about disjointed.
Thanks for that snippet from Discord.

It makes the least intelligible of this Forum's Threads look very sensible and useful.

However as nobody on the Arduino Dev Team seems to use their own Forum it is probably not surprising that they are unaware of the difference between it and Discord.

Maybe the Arduino concept is now in long term decline.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

TheUNOGuy

No status on the project ( new forum ) yet either...

I've personal messaged Luca ( not like he's gonna be taking me seriously ).

PerryBebbington

I've just tried to make 2 reports of spam, the first was OK, the second was blocked because I'd made the previous report a few seconds before. I suggest this limit is removed for people with 100+ posts.

Robin2

I've just tried to make 2 reports of spam, the first was OK, the second was blocked because I'd made the previous report a few seconds before. I suggest this limit is removed for people with 100+ posts.
I have to say I don't find that very irritating - waiting a few seconds is a lot more acceptable than 5 minutes. Nevertheless I support your proposal.

Some time ago I suggested there should be a special button or link specifically for reporting SPAM. It could sit alongside "Report to Moderator". It could be labelled "I think this Post is SPAM"

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

TheUNOGuy

@ballscrewbob

Did you check out the issue we opened? They say it is not forum related...

I don't know if I've framed my sentences correctly...
This one...

ballscrewbob

Asked that it be re-directed to the correct section.

ballscrewbob

Some of you may have already noticed that locks are being placed on older posts greater than 120 days old.

This is deliberate and automatic and serves two functions.

First it stops noobs from NECRO posting to them.

Second it prevents them being used by spammers to hide thier activities.

Only the Original Owner of the thread or a Moderator can remove the lock.

If you notice anything odd about the feature please let me know.

Your tester was "PerryBebbington"

TheUNOGuy

Some of you may have already noticed that locks are being placed on older posts greater than 120 days old.

Yep I noticed...

Wait..I just attached the image to the post...I didn't make it show up. It showed up automatically..Is this intended? I think so! Great job by the way!

UKHeliBob

It showed up automatically..Is this intended?
Yes, another recent and welcome change
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Go Up