Forum software open discussion and suggestions feature requests.

TheUNOGuy:
So I'm asking for a "Feature Request'...A Korean board?

Are you Korean? Your English is very good. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but if you posted in Korean all the people who help you now would not help you as they probably don't know Korean. I don't know how many if any Korean speakers there are here.

PerryBebbington:
Are you Korean? Your English is very good. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but if you posted in Korean all the people who help you now would not help you as they probably don't know Korean. I don't know how many if any Korean speakers there are here.

I'm sorry Perry you got me wrong...I'm American :smiley:
I'm requesting for this feature because over the course of the past 2 weeks I saw many Korean peeps post and I thought they could me more comfortable if they posted in their own language...

Don't ask my age though ;D

TheUNOGuy:
I'm sorry Perry you got me wrong...I'm American :smiley:
I'm requesting for this feature because over the course of the past 2 weeks I saw many Korean peeps post and I thought they could me more comfortable if they posted in their own language...

Don't ask my age though ;D

I was actually surprised when you asked for a Korean forum because I assumed that you were a native English speaker.

As for your age I won't ask that, but how old will you be in 2030? :slight_smile:

PerryBebbington:
I was actually surprised when you asked for a Korean forum because I assumed that you were a native English speaker.

Actually I am...Check out reply #165...Oh you did LOL...

PerryBebbington:
As for your age I won't ask that, but how old will you be in 2030? :slight_smile:

Take a guess :smiling_imp:

Many of the Korean posts also tend to be SPAM.
having other languages would be a useful feature but it is finding suitable and reliable long term moderators for those sections that tends to be a larger issue.

There have been open calls for mods in the past that went almost entirely un-answered.
It takes a quite special skill set to be one and the burn out factor can be another problem.

Well I knew nothing about what what you just said and now I shall accept that it is not wise to have a Korean board...Well that's without a mod :slight_smile:

Well why do we have these? Everything's been deleted here...

@TheUNOGuy

Did you even open those areas and dig deeper before presenting us with that last post ?

I couldn't as when I opened any of them, it kicks me back to the forum home page...

Odd works OK here.
Maybe you have a browser add on that is not playings nice ?

My browser add ons: McAfee, DuckDuckGo, FireFox Container tabs...I don't know if my add-ons are the culprit...I would like to hear from other people if the boards work for them...

Works fine for me, even if I log out of my account. Try it from a private window to eliminate the extensions (File > New Private Window).

Mcafee says enough to me to be wary of it as a probable cause.

Alright it's fixed. I don't know how it worked but when I logged out of my account and tried to access those boards it worked! So then I logged in again and tried and to my surprise it opened and I could see the sub-boards! :smiley:

You are welcome to improve upon my help posts. They were written quite a while ago now and may be partly obsolete.

1 Like

nickgammon:
You are welcome to improve upon my help posts. They were written quite a while ago now and may be partly obsolete.

Thanks Nick.

It is hoped to keep it in the same vein as yours, but we have some new aspects coming online soon which will take it to the next level of use.

Bob.

nickgammon:
You are welcome to improve upon my help posts.

Good to see you back, Nick

...R

Hello Nick! Long time no see... :smiley:

Why is this thread now "unsticky"?