Go Down

Topic: TM1637 Library for 3 Digit 7 Segments (Read 241 times) previous topic - next topic

rkaelin

Hi, is there a library for 3 digit 7 segment displays and the TM1637? I only find libraries for 4 digit displays.

Thanks for your help :)

Roman

Hi, is there a library for 3 digit 7 segment displays and the TM1637? I only find libraries for 4 digit displays.
A 4 digit library may work fine with a 3 digit display, it depends on how the digits and segments are connected.
I have made a library that supports most displays on ebay and aliexpress, you can read about it here: https://lygte-info.dk/project/DisplayDriver%20UK.html

If you are using a display from ebay/aliexpress that is not supported by the library, please send me a link and I will look at implementing it.

Paul__B

I think that should be self-evident.

Had you read the instructions for posting, you should have realised the critical importance of providing a link to the display about which you are asking.

rkaelin

Jan 30, 2020, 01:05 pm Last Edit: Jan 30, 2020, 01:06 pm by rkaelin
Didn't read anything that I am only allowed to ask questions about a product I already have?

Because I don't have a specific display yet. It should be a 0,28". So if you can point me in the right direction regarding library and display that would be great.

PaulRB

Jan 30, 2020, 01:55 pm Last Edit: Jan 30, 2020, 01:55 pm by PaulRB
Didn't read anything that I am only allowed to ask questions about a product I already have?

Because I don't have a specific display yet. It should be a 0,28". So if you can point me in the right direction regarding library and display that would be great.
It sounded like you already had the product, you were quite specific (3 digits, tm1637). Many beginners fail to read the forum guide and don't post a link, assuming we all know exactly what product they have.

Why tm1637? Would you consider other driver chips such as max7219, ht16k33?

rkaelin

I chose the tm1637 because of the size. It will be a display in my coffe machine and I do not have much space. Furthermore, it only needs two pins on the arduino.

But if it's diffucult with the tm1637, I think the max7219 would also be fine since the size of the chip is also quite small. Never considered the ht16k33.

Go Up