Go Down

Topic: Using arduino to adjust voltage level (Read 158 times) previous topic - next topic

yketd

Hello,

My projects objective is to create a clock out of a volt meter.

I have a simple circuit which runs a 10V battery through a volt meter, displaying 10 volts.

Now, from a seperate circuit, i want to be able to dynamically change the reading on the volt meter from 10 to 0, using an arduino UNO, making it an hour display (the clock logic is not a problem, this is simply asking how i would go about dynamically changing the voltage reading).

Whats the best way to go about this?

I am a software developer touching electronics for the first time so I might just be looking in the wrong place, but i couldn't find a proper solution.

TomGeorge

Mar 08, 2020, 05:10 pm Last Edit: Mar 08, 2020, 05:10 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Have you googled;

arduino meter clock

Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

gilshultz

Mar 08, 2020, 08:19 pm Last Edit: Mar 08, 2020, 08:20 pm by gilshultz
I would use a PWM output and pass it through a low pass filter (resistor connected to grounded cap) then through a unity gain op amp circuit (- connected to output, + in, output powers meter) to power the meter. You probably will need to add a series resistor to limit the meter swing. Your schematic etc helps a lot is solving your problem. Why not start by defining the problem with specifications.  What is the expected outcome. Purchase the Arduino cookbook and read it, this will give you some basics. also use the online tutorials and videos available, there are many good ones on this web site.  At this point you will be able to define the problem and may have already solved it. At that point you can determine how well I did.

This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Go Up