Go Down

Topic: Building 3 ultrasonic distance sensor (Read 150 times) previous topic - next topic

austinjas

Building a 3 ultrasonic distance sensor for the back of a bike that vibrates when car approaches. Willing to pay somebody for help on code. Shouldn't be too complex, code needs to make distance sensor signal vibration motor to vibrate when an object comes into range.

First post on forum, if something is incorrect let me know thanks. And if this is something you can help me with please respond and we can negotiate pricing. 

Railroader

If You want to pay for a solution You need to specify the target of the project, not to exercise some sensors You have.
Ultrasonic sensors are not vibration sensors. Then You need accelerometers.
Use Your knowledge. If that's not enough, look for education.
Having knowledge, think outside the box to gain more of it. Only trains run like the train, on the rails. The rest run between the rails.

austinjas

Okay, I guess I will re-phrase this. I am looking for somebody to design me a code that will use 3 ultrasonic distance sensors angled differently to sense for an object within a range of 6 ft. Once the ultrasonic distance sensor detects an object. The ultrasonic distance sensor will trigger the vibration motor to alert the user that an object is within the range.

Railroader

That was different, and better.
There is a section called "Gigs and collaboration" where You might work out a contract with somebody doing the work for You.
Here You can show Your code, describe what's happening and what You want to happend.

One tip is to Google, use the magnifier symbol in this window, up to the right and search for similiar projects. Obstacle detection is a very usual subject so You will find things.
Use Your knowledge. If that's not enough, look for education.
Having knowledge, think outside the box to gain more of it. Only trains run like the train, on the rails. The rest run between the rails.

austinjas

Thank you, really appreciate the help.

Idahowalker

Building a 3 ultrasonic distance sensor for the back of a bike that vibrates when car approaches. Willing to pay somebody for help on code. Shouldn't be too complex, code needs to make distance sensor signal vibration motor to vibrate when an object comes into range.

First post on forum, if something is incorrect let me know thanks. And if this is something you can help me with please respond and we can negotiate pricing.  
I built a similar system 2 years ago for a bicycle. In the end, to me, it proved unreliable.

I then, last year, built a system to detect cars behind the bike and set off a LED strip to do a light show, depending upon the distance from the bike. I used a TFMini, works great.

austinjas

TF mini is a great idea. Unfortunately for a class I have to use ultrasonic :( , not really using for reliability or even full function. Just to show that I can. Any chance you still have that ultrasonic code or could help me, did you use a single sensor? Or encounter any difficulty. The wiring has been quite simple, I have printed a 3D project box, just having much difficulty with the code.

wvmarle

Now if you care to post the code (using code tags, and description of what it does and how that is different from what you want it to do), you could get comments on how to fix it.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

ballscrewbob

@austinjas

Topic now locked as op has moved discussion to gigs

Your scattergun approach is not allowed on the forum.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up