Go Down

Topic: Inductance, resistance and constant frequency  (Read 260 times) previous topic - next topic

kishoraditya

While I agree the question is pretty much nonsense with nothing defined. Less any values what is the RL time constant? What is the Pulse Repletion Time and Pulse Width? Like an RC time constant if I remember any of this stuff correctly it will take 5 time constants to get the voltage up to the applied voltage. Maybe it is homework and if that is the case the thread starter should do his homework. Anyway, my answer is no and remains no to his question if all he or she wants a yes or no a one or zero.

Ron
By 'specific' you could've assumed the obvious values and constants, but since you didn't get that and also the rest of the question was more confusing, I have added a little more part to it, you can take a look and help if you'd like.
Also, it isn't my homework I have done those already :)
And thank you for the answer to question I asked before, no satisfies and reasons it too.

kishoraditya

By then it reaches about 98% of the full voltage, it's a limit approach and the math will tell you it never quite gets there. But for all practical purposes an RC circuit on a DC source reaches full voltage after about 5x RC time.

However the OP is not applying a constant voltage, they're applying a block wave, and that complicates the whole thing.

I don't see inductive kick-back happening as the current is not stopped (the circuit is not broken, just one point of the circuit changes potential). But I may be wrong here, as OP didn't clarify their complete intended circuit.
Yes, I have updated the question a little more precisely, unfortunately I do not have a circuit design since I am just trying to experiment and understand the topic better.
Also inductive kickback can be a possibility, but can be managed through off period of pulse cycle.
Also yes, I was talking about the potential difference across resistor and inductor individually which may vary

wvmarle

So now we have to dig through previous mails to see what changed? No thanks.
You should just have added it to a new post.
You can still do.
Help us help you!
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

raschemmel

Feb 18, 2020, 02:58 pm Last Edit: Feb 18, 2020, 04:22 pm by raschemmel
Let's be clear here , your signal is NOT steady
state voltage but a pulse, so while nobody has
stated the obvious we should state that the
voltage across both components is a function
of time , so when we say it doesn't change we mean the voltage at t= Vpeak(component-x)
(with respect to the pulse) will be consistent
from cycle to cycle just as the voltage at V(50%)
will be consistent , whereas the voltage before
and after V(peak) will not be the same V(25%|rising edge) would differ from V(25%|falling
edge ) due to the pulse shape (which, for a SERIES RL  circuit is NOT a square wave) but the respective
values should be more or less consistent in liu
of component heating an ambient temp fluctuations. So the bottom line is that the people
who answered "NO" it would NOT  change were
doing so because they were taking time into account and the fact that the voltage on the components will always be changing due to the
nature of the nonsteady state signal input and
the people who said "Yes" it would stay the same
assumed you meant the average peak and were
not trying to trick us with the time factor.
So depending on how you interpretted the question
the answer could be yes or no.
Does that help ?
Are you in fact a student ?

Go Up