Go Down

Topic: Pin 13 LED blink once - Why ? (Read 668 times) previous topic - next topic

Techone

I notice pin 13 LED blink only once ( quick blink ) during power on and when I reset the chip. I breadboard an ATmega chip ( with Arduino pre-load ), use a USB-TTL adapter to program the chip, a design a program to simulate a telephone ringing. The small project work fine. I even change pin 13 to pin 11 to output an led, use pin 12 as input. And I put an led on pin 13. The program dont use it. But the led ( pin 13 ) flash once.  :~ 

Oh by the way, during upload the program, I notice the reset circuit HAS TO BE DISCONNECT to program the chip, if connected, well it will not program.  :smiley-eek:

My guess is, it is part of the design of the pre-load program inside the chip.

Codec

The led blinking represents that the boot loader loaded properly and is loading your code

Techone

The led blinking represents that the boot loader loaded properly and is loading your code

Let me understand this. Let say that I use the Ardiuno  as stand alone with my program in... a small program - "boot loader" - "load" the save program I put in the flash memory of the chip, then light pin 13 only once and run your program...Correct ?
And I doing the same thing everytime the chip get turn on or being reset. Correct ?

Go Up