Go Down

Topic: 1st time Duemilanove - does't power up (Read 800 times) previous topic - next topic

sggin1

Hi,

I recently purchased a Duemilanove w/ usb and attached it to my win7 computer. I am not sure if this is a bad board or not configured properly. This is the 1st time I am using an arduino ever. Here is what happends; I plug it into the usb and the power light followed by the Rx, Tx, and R7 blink very quickly ( < second ) once (on/off) , and then no lights. Windows usb ports work fine for other devices, and I have no "ports" under device manager. Under troubleshooting it only mentions other models that require a jumper to use usb power. Am i missing something here - from what i can tell it should have a pwr light on and automaticly use the usb power so I can continue with the install ?

thanks ,
andy

Coding Badly

sggin1

Hi,

I was thinking to myself, how could a brand new usb cable not work, freshly opened out of the package. I went into the box of cables and wires deep in the depths of the dark basement and pulled out a different usb cable and pluged it in and Bang!  -  lights on and i'm on my way to installing. 1st blink program a success.

Thanks for the assistance.  :)

Go Up