Go Down

Topic: Ardunio change of positive and Native terminal  (Read 252 times) previous topic - next topic

ARDUINOAGENT003

Dear All,

I am using the peristaltic pump. This pump will work both directions based on the positive and native terminal. I want to connect to Arduino want to change the positive and native connection based on the program.

is there any way to change the positive and native terminal.

Ron_Blain

I will assume Positive (+) and Negative (-) and yes. Reversing polarity using an Arduino or other uC is normally done using an H-Bridge which you can roll your own (build) or just buy a solution off the shelf. You choose an H-Bridge based on your motor's requirements, things like Voltage and Current come to mind. Know those parameters and Google H-Bridge.

Ron

DVDdoug

I am using the peristaltic pump. This pump will work both directions based on the positive and native terminal. I want to connect to Arduino want to change the positive and native connection based on the program
The Arduino can't directly power a motor so you'll need a driver or relay anyway.   An H-bridge motor driver is probably the "best" solution. 

I'm assuming this not a stepper motor...

A DPDT relay can reverse the connections, plus you need another relay for on/off. 

But, then you need a driver to power the relay coil.   (You can get relay boards with built-in drivers, but most of them are SPTD so you'd need 3 relays.   There are relay boards with 4 relays.)

MarkT

Dear All,

I am using the peristaltic pump. This pump will work both directions based on the positive and native terminal. I want to connect to Arduino want to change the positive and native connection based on the program.

is there any way to change the positive and native terminal.

Please post datasheet for the pump, so we know what you have and can actually choose a plausible H-bridge
for you....
[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

ARDUINOAGENT003

Mar 12, 2020, 03:42 pm Last Edit: Mar 12, 2020, 04:15 pm by ARDUINOAGENT003
Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I don't have a datasheet for this. But i have below technical details

DC Motor

TECHNICAL DETAILS
Working Temperature: 0℃ - 40 ℃
Motor voltage: 12VDC
Motor current: 200-300mA
Flow rate: up to 100 mL/min
Weight: 200 grams
Dimensions: 27mm diameter motor, 72mm total length Mounting holes: 2.7mm diameter, 50mm center-to-center distance
Uses approx 4mm outer diameter, 2mm inner silicone tubing, the pump tube size has changed on us, so please measure the tubing that comes with your pump to verify!

You can PWM the motor to speed up or slow down the flow rate and if you connect the motor the other way it will move fluid the other direction. Works great with either a power transistor (basic on/off) or a motor driver chip such as the L293D.

Could you please suggest the right H-Bridge with PWM option?

ARDUINOAGENT003

Hi,

Can I buy below. I don't know it has PWM option or not

https://www.amazon.ca/Kuman-Shield-expansion-Arduino-Duemilanove/dp/B01FXDWI9Y/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?cv_ct_cx=h%2Bbridge%2BPWM&keywords=h%2Bbridge%2BPWM&pd_rd_i=B01FXDWI9Y&pd_rd_r=488772cd-a354-4c16-afa4-304419902d51&pd_rd_w=S9Yxg&pd_rd_wg=GJSJd&pf_rd_p=25609a94-16af-4bd7-9107-c9f01f8c9bd0&pf_rd_r=9R1HSP8GZ4C3H10NQTM2&qid=1584037601&th=1

Features :
2 interface for 5V Servo connected to the Arduino"s high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter.
Can drive 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo. Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection.
Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
4 H-Bridges: per bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection, can run motors on 4.5V to 25V DC.
Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up. 2 external terminal power interface, for separate logic/motor supplies. Compatible for Arduino Mega, Diecimila and Duemilanove

Specifications:

Type:Module
Module Function:Board
Operating Voltage : 5V~12V
Current Sensing : 1.65V/A
Max current : 2A per channel or 4A max (with external power supply)

Kuman L293D Motor Drive Shield expansion board can drive 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo or 4 DC motors
Widely compatible: L293D Motor Drivecompatible compatible with Arduino Mega, Diecimila and Duemilanove, meet you need at most
2 external terminal power interface, for seperate logic/motor supplies
4 H-Bridges: per bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection, can run motors on 4.5V to 25V DC
L293D Motor Drive Shield is a monolithic integrated, high voltage, high current, 4-channel driver

Ron_Blain

All you need is something like a l298 motor driver dual h-bridge module. It will cover two motors up to 2 Amps. You can also use PWM with it. They are simple and inexpensive. Additionally there are plenty of Arduino code samples and examples of using it out there. I have seen the modules as inexpensive as $3.00 USD.

Ron

ARDUINOAGENT003

Mar 12, 2020, 09:33 pm Last Edit: Mar 12, 2020, 09:46 pm by ARDUINOAGENT003
Thanks alot.

But for my place, its coming around 13CAD$ to get within 2-3 days. For low-cost one takes long time 3-4 weeks.

whatever I mentioned, Kuman L293D Motor Drive Shield expansion board. also same cost. I will get within 1 day.

Can I buy L293D? Is it suitable for my application?

Ron_Blain

If I recall correctly the L293D chip is good for about 500 or 600 mA. You stated your pump current is 200 ~ 300 mA. All you need to do is look at what you need and what is available out there. It's all about data sheets.

Ron

ARDUINOAGENT003

Mar 13, 2020, 12:27 am Last Edit: Mar 13, 2020, 12:37 am by ARDUINOAGENT003
Hi,

Luckily Already I have L298N.

Specification  below

Working mode: H bridge (double lines)

Control chip: L298N (ST)

Logical voltage: 5V

Driving voltage: 5V-35V

Logical current: 0mA-36mA

Driving current: 2A (MAX single bridge)

Storage temperature: (-20 )-(+135 )

Maximum power: 25W

Weight: 30g

Periphery dimension: 43 x 43 x 27 mm(L x W x H)

Is this Bridge OK?

I am Confused about the current.  Please advise

Ron_Blain

Driving current: 2A (MAX single bridge)

Should be fine.

Ron

ARDUINOAGENT003

Mar 13, 2020, 03:38 am Last Edit: Mar 13, 2020, 03:39 am by ARDUINOAGENT003
Dear Ron,

Thanks a lot.

Zapro

This paragraph you posted yourself about the motor:

You can PWM the motor to speed up or slow down the flow rate and if you connect the motor the other way it will move fluid the other direction. Works great with either a power transistor (basic on/off) or a motor driver chip such as the L293D.
This already tells you that the L293D is perfect for the job, so go get a shield that uses this chip, or something beefier.

// Per.

Go Up