Go Down

Topic: wire a 3.2" 240x320 tft color screen to a mega 2560 r3 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nick_Pyner

david_prentice

I take your point, but the thread was too long.
The OP provided the correct information i.e. his actual screen.  his proposed wiring.
And his desire to avoid an Adapter shield.

He received accurate replies:
3.3V Regulator chip instead of wiring 3.3V pin directly to 5V supply.   Potential dividers are fine for 5V logic from Mega2560.

Or use Zero, Due which have adequate 3.3V power and no need for resistors.

The conclusion was:
CTE Adapter Shield with 32-pin header socket.

The main thread was conducted over 24 hours.   Successful !!!

The CTE Adapter might take 28 days to arrive.
The OP could solder a regulator, header strips,  lots of resistors onto some Protoboard in an hour or two.    He already has the resistors.

I think that this is an example of the Forum working well.

David.

Nick_Pyner

Here's my idea ...
And his desire to avoid an Adapter shield.
Really? I didn't see any desire to avoid a shield, he just had an idea, and it was a particularly bad one. Indeed, and quite the opposite, I rather feel OP simply didn't know there was a shield to "avoid".

Fortunately, about the best thing to come out of this circus is that the poor OP apparently realises how silly the question was.

FaridEr

Hello
David is right
Really I wanted to avoid buying a shield, I had an idea, which was not bad but simply I was trying to find a cheap solution and if it works it will be good for everyone.
I wonder why a DIY solution is impossible.
I order the shield + screen but I document myself every day if
I get there or someone finds a handmade solution.
See you. Thank you

Nick_Pyner

I wonder why a DIY solution is impossible.
OK. It is definitely not impossible, but it is very silly.

david_prentice

It is possible.   It is not difficult to solder lots of resistors.   But hand-wiring takes a lot of time and effort.   It is easy to make a mistake.

OTOH,   it takes a LONG time for a shield to come from China.
You can buy header strip and Protoboard locally.    Use the double-sided plated-through hole Protoboard.   Or buy a ProtoShield.

Personally.   I would buy a ready-made Adapter Shield.    I own many displays.   I can WAIT for the Adapter to arrive.

David.

FaridEr

good night
Indeed, manual work takes a lot of time and effort. Yes, it is easy to go wrong. However, many discoveries have resulted from the error. Christopher Columbus never thought he would land in India. So who will say that a beginner addict finds the solution that no one has thought of.
Today, I contacted the reseller. It will take a month to deliver the shield and the screen.
I have Protoboards with double sided metal holes, resistors, bidirectional level shift, soldering station, so I'll start while waiting. But is there anything else I should do, modify or add to my diagram? Thank you.
Always on guard because of confinement. I sleep a little day and night! ..
Good night

Nick_Pyner

Stuff often arrived from China in a week or so but things have certainly slowed down drastically of late, and it is likely be a long, long wait to get the shield. This novel circumstance is the only reason for cobbling it up yourself, it is not a very good one, and you certainly should not count on finding a novel solution to the tedium and frustration.  However, it is doable and you have the gear, so good luck(!).....

FaridEr

HELLO
It is nice to spend these days in things that we like to do.
I'll let you know
It's resolved for now, thanks for the support
Have a good day.
Cordially
FaridEr

david_prentice

So your display is working 100% !!

How long did it take you to solder all the headers,  resistors,  ... ?

Have you got Touch and SD card working yet?

David.

Go Up