Go Down

Topic: (solved) Arduino ADK Mega2560 Drivers (Read 70581 times) previous topic - next topic

shawnf

To answer your questions - yes, yes and yes ;)

I did the three things you said and it is working fine...

pracas

no no & no.... :0
none of it works for me... the board that was getting detected as 2560 is now back to usb device not recognised! i feel like yelling whisky, tango, foxtrot!

shawnf

Computers are such fun ;)

I was doing this on a 32 bit Vista system which didn't have the ATMel studio installed as that install on Win7x64 messed with USB drivers... by installing something like Jungo USB (from memory).

The AT90usb82 showed up as a libwin32 device and then I could select it as a device and choose USB in Flip.

I have the AVRISP Mk II libwin32 installed and it might have got the drivers from that or the ATMel Flip folder. I guess you can try pointing it at the Flip folder and do a search for drivers in subfolders. Failing that give the Arduino 22 folder a search. All from Device Manager of course...

Have to say it just work smoothly for me, having given up on the Win7x64 which is suffering from Driver hell due to the AtMel Studio...

pracas

Ok... got it recognised as a usb serial port again... back to the upload error now!
"avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout"

I can make out that there is something wrong with the serial communication... can some throw more light on diagnostics?

shawnf

I would try installing a sketch via the ISP mode (using the upload setting in preferences.txt and setting it to your ISP).
If you get corrupted characters in Serial Monitor rather than tracing, then the upload via bootloader option is never going to work...
I guess you can check you set the Serial port to 115200 as well.
I'm still waiting for an Android release that has accessory mode support... hoping the European Xoom update to 3.1 might include it and this is due by the end of next week.

pracas

Another thing i noticed... a loop back test works at 57600 and keeps throwing the text "RESET"

pracas

carey

I've also ordered and received 2 of these ADK boards without programming.  And received the cryptic email stating that they shipped out boards with a "disease". 

Has anyone else tried to contact the Adruino store about this other than myself?  I've sent 3 emails to them, asking for official instructions for programming, like they implied they'd offer in the email notification, and they are not replying.  I haven't received replacement boards or a tracking number for replacement boards.  Has anyone else with this same issue had contact from the store?  I've replied to the email they sent out, and sent email to the store's website.

The company that the Arduino site says manufactures all the boards seems to have no contact info at all on their website, so I've been unable to contact them to ask questions regarding this as well.

I'm just curious if this is typical for the Arduino store to not help customers, or if I'm the exception?

pracas

Hey Carey,

Chill...If you have an AVR programmer, you get it working in no time

First put the mega dfu usb serial combined bootloader on the atmega8u2 with proper fuse settings (let me know if you need them)

then put the mega2560 bootloader ->stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex with propose fuse settings and you are all ready to go... only the device would show as a mega2560....

Now onto my problem... my phone is not detecting the board to be a host though its getting powered from usb....any tests for this?  i even tried the adb mode and that doesn't work as well.... it works with the usb host shield though...

pracas

@shawn did the adk work as  a host immediately on uploading the demokit program? did you change anything in the usb host library? both of the boards i have done seem to get detected by my phone though the phone starts charging....i suspect the problem to be with the usb host capabilities...

mbanzi

Pracas

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get a new board.

I'm sorry you got that board that was never supposed to leave the factory.

Don't drive yourself crazy, there might be other issues with the board that you can't fix.

m

pracas

@ Mazzimo Received the replacements. Working fine. Thanks a ton!

carey

I've also ordered and received 2 of these ADK boards without programming.  And received the cryptic email stating that they shipped out boards with a "disease". 

Has anyone else tried to contact the Adruino store about this other than myself?  I've sent 3 emails to them, asking for official instructions for programming, like they implied they'd offer in the email notification, and they are not replying.  I haven't received replacement boards or a tracking number for replacement boards.  Has anyone else with this same issue had contact from the store?  I've replied to the email they sent out, and sent email to the store's website.

The company that the Arduino site says manufactures all the boards seems to have no contact info at all on their website, so I've been unable to contact them to ask questions regarding this as well.

I'm just curious if this is typical for the Arduino store to not help customers, or if I'm the exception?

Just for future reference, I'm updating my post.

After sending 2 more emails for help regarding my defective ADK boards, I received a reply from Davide at the Arduino store.  He sent out 2 new properly programmed ADK boards that I received today.  They work fine as Mega2560 boards.

gaitt

Hey guys,

hope you can help me out!
I've just received my megaADK board, not ordered from Arduino Store :smiley-sad-blue: but a local retailer ... anyway!
When i plug it in, the board shows up as a "ATmego8U2 DFU" in device manager (W7 x86).

I've tried lots of stuff but still not able to connect to the board!
And like Pracas my UNO works fine!

Do you guy's think i need to ask for a new board? thx

carey

Hello Gaitt,

It looks to me as you have received one of the unprogrammed boards.  I was shipped 2 of them direct from the Arduino online store, and after quite a few complaints and emails, they did send me replacements.  I did manage to get one of them working, the other I bricked by making a dumb mistake while attempting to program it.

It is possible to program it yourself, thought it requires quite a few steps, that are poorly documented for the novice, downloading several programs and requires an ISP Burner.  I used a Pololu USB AVR Programmer.  I have documented my steps I used to get it to work, after spending many many hours researching what was required.  So if you want to attempt it I can send you my tips.  However, if you make a mistake and set the wrong "fuse" you will permanently brick the board, or at least require a high voltage burner to attempt to fix that problem, something I didn't bother with as it required yet more research and another type of burner I don't currently have.  I did it as a learning experience and challenge.  I don't claim to be a Arduino expert, but simply speaking from my personal experience.

Ideally you should simply complain to who you bought it from, claim you received a faulty/unprogrammed unit, and hope to get it replaced.

Go Up